Ecommerce has become increasingly popular in the present times and there are a number of websites offering customers the ease of buying various products from the comfort of their home. However, with such a huge competition in the industry, it is very important to have a website that is easy to navigate and attracts prospective buyers.
Here are some of the important tips that can help you design a user friendly ecommerce website:
- Neat and organized layout: This is the most important pre-requisite of any website. Users visiting a website should find it easy to navigate through different pages. You must also make sure that you choose a responsive website design that is adaptable to devices of different screen sizes.
- Organized content: Users should be able to easily search for the product they are looking for. Make sure you differentiate the products with categories and sub categories. The drop down menu should clearly indicate the different categories of a specific product. Link to important pages such as home page or check-out should also be easily accessible by the users.
- Home page content: Home page is the perfect place to give a complete overview of all your website products, discounts, offers, free shipping services etc. Make sure you utilize this space to the maximum.
- Product description: Users are generally cautious about purchasing online products due to the inability to touch it. You can compensate for it by providing high quality pictures with HD resolution and detailed description about the product.
- Add reviews columns: Apart from the image and description, people also prefer to read the reviews before buying a particular product.
- Colors and fonts should be appealing: Simplicity is the key to a user friendly website. Use cool colors that are easy on the eyes and fonts that are easily readable by the users.
- Easy payment gateway: You should try to make payment process as convenient as possible for your customers. There should not be too many clicks required between browsing the product and buying it.
- Reduce loading time: Make sure your website takes less time to load which should not be more than 5 seconds. Waiting for any page to load can lead to a user leaving your website and visiting the one of your competitors.
Keeping these small website design tips in mind will make sure that users will definitely like the shopping experience through your ecommerce website.
Call us at (855) 375-9654 for complete Ecommerce Web Development and Internet Marketing services.
With more and more people browsing internet on their tablets and smartphones, it has become extremely important to design a website that works efficiently across multiple platforms. Few years ago, it was considered necessary to create a separate mobile based version of the website. However, the whole process was much time consuming and costly. The recent concept of Responsive Website Design (RWD) has come up as an easy solution to this problem.
A responsive website has the ability to adjust according to the screen size of the device on which it is being browsed. Such website is easy to maintain and also eliminates the need to formulate two different SEO plans for either one. Although one of the major advantages of a responsive design is auto adjustment of various website elements on different devices, responsive website designs can also be of great help in getting your website to rank higher among the search engine results.
Here are some of the SEO benefits of a responsive website design:
- One URL for one website: Having separate desktops and mobile versions of a website would essentially mean two different URLs to maintain. This caused a difficulty for the mobile versions to rank higher in SERPs. A responsive website, on the other hand, allows you to concentrate all your SEO efforts and link building towards a single URL. Additionally, you can use social shares for just one URL.
- Enhanced user experience: A responsive website design will make it easier for the users to find, read and share content. If the visitors are browsing your website on a mobile, they should easily navigate through your website content just as a desktop user. Also, whenever a user visits your website through a social media link - whether on a laptop, tablet or mobile- the content will be easy to read and navigate.
- Google rewards responsive websites: The search engine giant also gives preference to responsive websites when mobile users search for local businesses.Responsive design websites have the same URL and HTML as their desktop counterparts, making it easier for Google to search and index content.
- Reduces high bounce rate: A high bounce rate occurs when your website does not provide quality content, thus, lowering your ranking in SERPs. If the visitors are quickly leaving your website without navigating to any other page, it is an indicator that they are not getting relevant information. A responsive website design makes it easy for the users to search content by providing the same content as the desktop site, but in a well-designed manner.
We, at Centex Technologies, provide complete website designing services in Dallas, TX. For more information, feel free to call us at (972) 375 – 9654.