27. December 2010 10:31
Software development can be a tricky and complex processthat requires expert and qualified personnel. Only people who are trained inthis area are capable of developing good software that is effective as well asefficient to solve the needs of the end users. Most software engineers or webdevelopers however follow the below mentioned life cycle as a guideline to aidin this process:
- The first point of note is to assess the elements required in the system in order for the software to work properly. You may find that in some cases where the software is not in accordance with the system requirements, it may just refuse to work or may show errors and glitches that are hard to correct. It is thus very important to make sure all the requirements needed to run the software are in place.
- There is a need to determine the demand for any product before producing it and launching it in the market. In this case too, there needs to be interaction between the software developers and the consumers regarding their needs and their problems that can be resolved with newer software.
- The next step in the process is to come up with a suitable design of what the software is supposed to look like. This is a bit like software architecture.
- The technical part needs to be done next. This is where the actual creation of the software begins. The code generation takes place and the requisite coding technology is determined with the help of which the code for the software is to be written.
- After the preparation of the software is complete, it needs to be tested in order to be absolutely sure that there are no errors or glitches in the startup or running process. If they are found, the coding is altered in order to correct these errors.
- After the software has been launched and presented to the customer as per his specifications, the task of the developer does not end here. He has to constantly stay on his toes and ensure that the software provided continues to function in a smooth manner by performing maintenance work.
We at Centex Technologies provide customized software development services. For more information on the same, please feel free tocontact us at – 254-213-4740
Web Development Texas – Web Development Central Texas
12. December 2010 11:20
Web development can be a difficult and complicated process if the right approach is not applied in its creation. A website can only reach its full potential and garner enough visitors if it has fulfilled its development cycle appropriately. Following are some of the steps involved in an average web development life cycle:
- The most important step that precedes all others is definitely is analyzing the purpose for which the website is to be developed and zeroing in on the target audience for it. The practical functions that will be performed by the website also need to be determined before its development is started
- The second step is to establish the fundamental factors that the website will be made up of including the navigation process, the number of links, the number of web pages incorporated, etc. The basic website design is created in this stage.
- A detailed design showcasing all major as well as minor elements is then created and is referred to as a prototype. All the graphical images and the layout of the web pages are planned out in this step.
- Then it is decided whether there is to be any written content presented on the website. This will largely depend on the requirement of the website owners and whether they wish to use the written word to communicate with their visitors and if so, how much of it do they wish to use. A good content writer should be chosen for this task if the amount of writing to be done is quite large in quantity. You should not compromise on this aspect and try to come up with sub standard content yourself. The color schemes for the text are also decided in this step.
- On the basis of the prototype developed in an earlier step, coding of the website is done to create the necessary functionality. A professional may be hired for this purpose to ensure the safety and security of your web page.
After the coding part, testing of various functionalities is done and finally deployment on live server is done.
The last but highly necessary step is employing search engine optimization in order to increase your page’s rankings and attract more visitors.
We at Centex Technologies create effective websites and web applications for our clients. For more information on the same, call us at - 254-213-4740
Web Development Austin - Round Rock Web Design