Hacking has always been a matter of concern for the internet users. Cybercriminals are constantly trying to breach confidential data, passwords and other information. Considering the prevalence of security attacks, it is not irrational to assume that almost 9 out of 10 people will be a victim of identity theft once in their lifetime. If you are a business owner, you might want to make sure that all the information related to your employees and clients is totally secure.
Here are some of the cyber security tips to safeguard your information:
- Create Strong Passwords: Most of the hacking attacks are carried out with stolen passwords. Thus, it is important to create a password that consists of uppercase, lowercase letters, numbers as well as special characters. Passwords with a combination of all these elements are usually hard to crack. You should also change your passwords at frequent intervals.
- Avoid Using Personal Information In Passwords: Although passwords containing personal information like name and date of birth are easy to remember, it makes them much easier to hack. This information is widely available on Google and social media platforms that can be easily found by the hackers.
- Turn Off GPS And Wi-Fi Services: Keep your smartphones and laptops secure by turning off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS when you do not need them. This way, no one will be able to detect your location.
- Delete Unused Apps: If you have a lot of apps on your smartphones/ tabs that you do not use often, make sure you delete them. You must also replace the apps that require access to most of your personal details such as contacts, SMS logs, emails, location etc.
- Keep Your Browser Clean: Prevent yourself from getting spied by frequently clearing browser history, cache, cookies and saved passwords. It saves your personal information from being insecure on your computer, laptop or smartphone.
- Turn Off Geotagging: Some social networking websites display your location along with your photos or posts. You must turn off geotagging to avoid giving out information about the place from where you have taken the pictures.
- Shop Only With Credible Websites: If you are shopping online, make sure the website belongs to a reliable company. All your transactions should be protected by an ‘HTTPS’ browser session. This will make sure that your name, address, passwords, credit card details are going over the internet in an encrypted form.
For more tips on safeguarding your information and other cyber security issues, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 – 9654.
SEO has undergone dramatic changes in the past few years, and the recent Panda and Penguin updates in 2014 have called for many changes in SEO techniques. In 2015, many website owners are contemplating about the strategies to achieve a higher ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
Given here are some important tips and tricks that can help you run a successful SEO campaign this year:
- Focus On Mobile SEO: In 2015, traffic from smartphones is expected to overtake the web traffic from desktop and laptops. This means that your SEO campaign should focus more on attaining a higher ranking in the mobile searches. You should also optimize your website to be easily viewed on mobile devices.
- Content Marketing: Content is still expected to remain the king of a high ranked website. Google always appreciates those websites that write useful and informative content rather than just keeping it stuffed with keywords. Quality is an important factor in content instead of how much or how frequently it is posted.
- Less Emphasis On Keywords: Experts believe that SEO will focus more on increasing brand awareness in contrast to the previous trend of targeting a high ranking in Google. Click-through-rates (CTR) and calls-to-action (CTA) will be a major determinant of organic search traffic to a website.
- Relevant Title Tags: These have always been an important determinant in a website’s ranking and will continue to be the same. A good title tag should be descriptive yet relevant, including all your main keywords. There is no ideal length of a title tag but it should consist of 60 to 70 characters.
- Social Media: Even though this is not a new trend, social media will continue to remain a vital part of an SEO campaign. Search engines give much importance to social network signals to rank your website. It will play a major role in promoting your business among the target audience.
- Local SEO: Google has recently updated its algorithms to provide location specific search results to the users. Local citations and directory submissions will gain importance in SEO strategies. Additionally, companies will also look to optimize their web pages by including addresses, contact numbers and locations consistent with the local listings.
Centex Technologies provides result oriented SEO solutions to the businesses in Dallas, TX. Our professional team uses the most innovative techniques to deliver consistent results in the form of increased website traffic. For more information, call us at (972) 375 – 9654.