24. January 2011 15:48
Creating an online shop can be greatly rewarding, if you have excellent products to sell, then internet is the right market place for you. Not only you can create a web based online shop easily and in a cost effective manner, but there are plenty of ways to promote it as well. With advancement of technologies and coming up of new applications, you have to take care of planning features are various levels. For creating an effective ecommerce application, the following features should be taken care off.
- Easy user interface allows people to come on your application and look out for details or buy products conveniently. A simple design and navigation should be the first step in creating a ecommerce store.
- Descriptive content should be provided on detail pages of all products. This is not only good for users to understand the products in a better way but also is a good strategy for search engine optimization.
- Secure checkouts are MUST. This would not only generate confidence in buyers but also saves you from legal hassles that may arise due to any hacking into the system.
- URLs create should not be in the query form. They should be joined by words describing the page or product. For example – domainname.com/digital-camera.aspx. This is an excellent way to get your products and individual pages in the search engine ranks.
- Product images should not be blurred and where possible provide various sizes and color options.
- Customer information should be kept in a secure manner. Also a user should be able to get complete history of what he has purchased etc.
- For promoting your business, you may need to send out Newsletters to your existing customers or get people to join in as affiliates. For the same, you would want to incorporate features to send multiple business promotional messages in form of newsletters and a tracking enabled affiliate system.
- Product search plays the most important role in ecommerce solutions. A careful thought has to be given on how search will be performed by the users and accordingly application is created. It has to be made very sure that user should reach the products they are searching for in very few steps and in a convenient manner.
We at Centex Technologies provide complete Ecommerce solutions to our clients globally. We do an extensive research on client’s requirement and business model and create the ecommerce application accordingly. For more information, please feel free to call us at – (254) 213 4740
10. January 2011 12:32
Search Engine Optimization is a unique way of attracting more traffic to your website. You can take the benefits of increased web traffic by using SEO techniques which enables your website to get listed in the top results on Google or other search engines. Contrary to popular perception, SEO is quite a simple but well planned and carefully thought of process. It does not require knowledge of complex algorithms or software. All that is requires is careful analysis of your project and devising the best strategy to achieve the results.
Following are some of the guidelines that can be followed to increase the ranking of your page:
- The design of your webpage should be simple, concise and easy to grasp. There must be a readable and comprehensible format followed so that users can get the message at the first view itself. The less frills that your website has and the more questions or queries it answers, the better its ranking is likely to be.
- Instead of overloading your webpage with heavy content like videos and irrelevant images, you should consider including appropriate content that is of value to the reader. For some internet users, the loading process may take a long time and compel them to close down your website. So it is advisable to keep the file size to minimum. Search engine rankings of pages with worthy content providing knowledge to internet users tend to be higher.
- The algorithms of search engines have a knack for filtering out content that is not obviously meant to attract attention. There are adequate filters for spam content and useless pages. So, you must take care not to take shortcuts and to employ professional writers for creating the written content of your website.
- It is vital to use tags and meta-tags to make it easier for a search engine to classify your website into different categories. Keywords that are in accordance with your content should also be used to attract attention. This can significantly improve your listing. It is important not to repeat your keyword over and over again and risk the ire of users.
Although you may succeed in improving your page rank by following short cuts, in the long run only those websites that have good content can survive and maintain consistency in traffic.
We at Centex Technologies plan and devise SEO strategies to make sure our client ranks on top search engine results. For more information on our customized SEO plans, call us at: 254-213-4740
Seo Austin Tx - Seo Fort Worth