Ecommerce has become increasingly popular in the present times and there are a number of websites offering customers the ease of buying various products from the comfort of their home. However, with such a huge competition in the industry, it is very important to have a website that is easy to navigate and attracts prospective buyers.
Here are some of the important tips that can help you design a user friendly ecommerce website:
- Neat and organized layout: This is the most important pre-requisite of any website. Users visiting a website should find it easy to navigate through different pages. You must also make sure that you choose a responsive website design that is adaptable to devices of different screen sizes.
- Organized content: Users should be able to easily search for the product they are looking for. Make sure you differentiate the products with categories and sub categories. The drop down menu should clearly indicate the different categories of a specific product. Link to important pages such as home page or check-out should also be easily accessible by the users.
- Home page content: Home page is the perfect place to give a complete overview of all your website products, discounts, offers, free shipping services etc. Make sure you utilize this space to the maximum.
- Product description: Users are generally cautious about purchasing online products due to the inability to touch it. You can compensate for it by providing high quality pictures with HD resolution and detailed description about the product.
- Add reviews columns: Apart from the image and description, people also prefer to read the reviews before buying a particular product.
- Colors and fonts should be appealing: Simplicity is the key to a user friendly website. Use cool colors that are easy on the eyes and fonts that are easily readable by the users.
- Easy payment gateway: You should try to make payment process as convenient as possible for your customers. There should not be too many clicks required between browsing the product and buying it.
- Reduce loading time: Make sure your website takes less time to load which should not be more than 5 seconds. Waiting for any page to load can lead to a user leaving your website and visiting the one of your competitors.
Keeping these small website design tips in mind will make sure that users will definitely like the shopping experience through your ecommerce website.
Call us at (855) 375-9654 for complete Ecommerce Web Development and Internet Marketing services.