27. February 2013 11:46
Your website design is about a lot more than the color scheme and text, and extends to a whole lot of intricate designing strategies, which can make or mar your online business. This explains why the decision of choosing a website design company is a critical one. The Dallas website design market has been flourishing, which gives local businesses some fantastic companies to choose from. But before you make your pick, here are a few pointers to guide you through-
- The first step is to look for a handful of possible options, after which you can dig deeper to choose one. While it makes sense for the Dallas website design company that you are considering to feature somewhere at the top of search engine rankings, that by itself is not enough. It says a lot about their SEO prowess, but not necessarily about their web designing skills.
- To gauge their skills at web designing, you need to carefully evaluate their own website. Pay special attention to the first impression that they strike when you just land on their website. It is more than likely that that is the best that they have to offer. The website should be easy-to-navigate, well-structured, consistent, and user-friendly.
- If you like what you see in the first few minutes, it is time to take things further by contacting them for their web design services. While some Dallas website design companies have their portfolio displayed on their website, you might need to request one in other cases. Browse through all the websites in their portfolio, paying special attention to details such as page titles, designing style, uniqueness, creativity, etc. The portfolio should have at least 8 websites, even if they are not all from your industry.
- Once you are satisfied with their previous work, you should be ready with a set of important questions that you shall need to ask the web designing company. First off, request a quote so as to have an idea of the pricing and see whether you can afford it. Also, feel free to question them about their experience, knowledge, crew, company size, deadlines, etc.
- When it comes to Dallas website design services, you also want to make sure that at the end of the process, it is you who owns the work, and not the web design company. Avoid nasty shocks by ensuring that you are under no obligation to continue using their services once the website is launched.
We at Centex Technologies, Dallas Texas provide complete Website Design Services to our clients. For more information, call us at: (855) 375 9654
13. February 2013 23:53
Every web user is familiar with the feeling of landing on a 404 page and getting that meaningless message of what could possibly have happened to the page they are looking for. As we all know, that feeling is far from pleasing, which explains why it makes sense to work on making your website’s 404 page attractive and useful. When a user trying to land on your homepage gets a 404 page instead, you want to ensure that they do not leave the page disappointed, but instead are guided to something relevant to your services.
The tips listed below show you some ways to make that happen-
- Customize your 404 page so with attractive colorful images or a witty tagline to bring a smile on the face of whoever lands there. This lets users know that the website is owned by someone creative and inspires them to try again instead of just walking away.
- At the same time, be sure that you are conveying the message of them having landed on an incorrect page clearly and precisely, to avoid any misunderstanding.
- It is a good idea to make the look and color scheme of your 404 page similar to that of the rest of your website.
- Your 404 page should contain the basics of every such page, which are usually a link to your homepage, as well as a link to the previous page.
- Apart from this, you can be creative and add a little more information, such as a link to your customer support, links to your articles or blog posts, or an attractive offer that users can avail.
- A link to a support page on the 404 page is a great idea because along with letting users know that you are willing to address their problem, it also serves as a useful form of feedback, giving you a chance to enhance user experience on your website.
- Finally, while customizing your 404 page an important point to consider is that you do not want it to be indexed by Google and other search engines. To ensure this does not happen, you need to make sure that a request for a missing page generates an actual 404 HTTP status code.