16. January 2010 18:10
Choosing a reliable web hosting company is very important. Whether you are a start up or a well established company, quality of web hosting services provided by your web host will definitely affect productivity and profits of your company. With little or no knowledge about technical aspects of web hosting, it can be hard to choose the right provider. Here we have summed up few tips that will help in choosing the right web host.
- Check for the uptime guarantee and look out for feedback about the company on the web.
- Do find out the servers used by the web hosting company and compare them. You can do so by searching about it on Google.
- Free web hosting sites are not reliable and most of the times they have default advertisements that will show up with your website. For a professional company, free web hosts are not recommended.
- Do find out what is your requirement and jot it down on paper. You may need web hosting, email hosting, SSL, and other software integrated with your hosting. Once you have jotted it down, you can compare offers from various companies.
- If you plan to host an Ecommerce website, you may need SSL and shopping cart integrated.
- Check various features offered by the hosting company.
- Check out for bandwidth (data transfer) that a particular plan will offer. If your website attracts high traffic, then low bandwidth could be an issue.
- Find out and compare the disc space allocation with your requirements.
- Do check up Technical support assistance.
- Check out and compare the prices offered by the web hosting companies. Find out about the Monthly, Quarterly, Half yearly or yearly plans offered and discounts on the same.
- Do check out about Money Back guarantee offered by web hosting companies
These few tips will help you to choose the right web hosting provider for your business. Centex Technologies, located in Texas, provides web hosting solutions to clients across the globe. Contact for web applications, dot net programming, shopping cart installations, networking solutions, and IT consulting.
4. January 2010 16:21
Computer security is of utmost concern now days. With advancements in technologies, newer and more sophisticated computer viruses, Trojans and spywares have come up. Attackers are using almost all mediums to spread the malwares and affect computers. Starting from a simple file download to accessing a website, anything can affect your PC.
Here are few tips on protecting your PC:
- Have a trusted Anti-Virus installed on your PC.
- Restrict user privileges for others who access your PC at home or office. It is advised to create a seperate guest account for other users with absolutely no privileges for downloading or installations on PC.
- Use firewalls to restrict viruses. If other people access internet through your PC, you can restrict theharmful websites through firewall settings.
- Always download files from trusted sources/ websites.
- Do not click on links in email from non-trusted sources. Clicking on links can trigger a malware download to your system.
- Run a regular scan on your PC.
- Restrict browser’s privileges.
- Do scan pen drives/ external discs etc thoroughly before you use them.
- Update your anti-virus software with latest online updates available.
- Do not accept files or click on links that appear to have viruses or are from un-trusted sources/ persons on online messengers.
Viruses, Trojans and spywares not only affects PCs performance but can also cause data loss, files to get corrupted, mal-functioning of peripheral devices like printers, scanners etc. Spy wares are particularly known for extraction of vital information from your system. They transfer information like passwords to different account etc to other locations, which can be easily misused.
It is important to secure your PC after seeking professional help. Depending on your usage/ requirement, your PC security is planned out. For more information on keeping your PC secure, you can contact us at Centex Technologies.