With local search queries dominating Google, optimizing your website or local business on Google Place listings is a strategy that you cannot overlook. Ever noticed how local maps sit right at the top of search results on Google? With the relatively scarce competition in local search, it is a realistic aim to have your business showing in those very maps when users perform a local search for your business on Google. Take a look at these simple tips to optimize your business on Google Places listings-
- Upon creating your listing, you shall need to furnish information regarding your business in various fields. Make sure that you fill all those fields with accurate and detailed information. Do not leave any section unfilled- right from business hours to additional services provided- it’s all important when it comes to Google Places listings.
- It is a good idea to provide a keyword-rich description for your business. Subtly include the keywords that you want to be found for in the description, without distorting its sense.
- It is also important to ensure that you are consistent in the information provided. This means that you should provide the same information regarding your business on all your social media profiles, as well as your website.
- Regularly including special offers or discounts in your Google Places description could help in encouraging users to actually click on your listing when it appears in search engine results. Remember to regularly update these offers and offer users what you promised when they actually land on your website.
- Including pictures in your Google Places listing is a good way to attract users, and to stand out in Google’s search results. This is especially true for businesses in which customers need to see a product before buying it, or where the name of the product being sold is not common enough for users to directly search for it.
- Google Review is one of the most useful tools for webmasters seeking to optimize their Google Places listings. Encourage your loyal customers to write reviews of your company and include these reviews on your listing. You could also consider uploading video testimonials, or asking clients to upload pictures of them at your establishment. User generated content and positive reviews are amongst the most powerful tools when it comes to local search engine optimization.
- Google itself also encourages its users to post reviews, by giving star ratings on map listings.
14. June 2013 08:20
No matter how amazing your web design is, it is of no use if users have trouble loading your page and the images on it when they visit your website. Lagging speeds and images that refuse to load are every web user’s pet peeve, and as a web master, the simplest thing you can do to make sure your website loads quickly, is effectively optimizing the photos on it. While faster loading time is a key benefit of photo optimization, here’s a look at some of its additional benefits-
- Photo optimization for your website is that it is a way to promote your products discreetly by actually showing them to your users.
- Optimizing photos on your website also helps you to figure in image search results on search engines like Google, Bing, and Yahoo. This could be a great advantage considering the significantly lower competition in image search.
- Having a compelling image could make all the difference when it comes to getting noticed among a pool of search results. This is because people are generally more visually stimulated, because of which a picture, of say, home décor, is likely to catch one’s eye much quicker than a block of text on how to decorate your home.
So how exactly can you optimize photos on your website and ensure a positive user experience? Here are a few simple tips-
- The first step is to resize your images by choosing PNG and JPG files over GIF files, and further compressing these images. This results in images that load a lot faster when a user visits your website, yet look just the same as their heavier versions. The key lies in striking the perfect balance between compression and quality.
- You could also make use of the various image optimization tools available online. These include tools like Shrink O’Matic, Smush.it, GIMP, RIOT, ImageMagick, etc., all of which are easy to use, and help save a lot of time and resources for image optimization.
- Renaming your images with keyword-rich and descriptive titles is also an effective photo optimization strategy that could help you rank higher in image search results. The titles should be brief and concise, and should be an accurate description of what the image is about.
- Adding an alt-text and defining the height and width of the image in its HTML code is also instrumental in boosting loading speed.
Centex Technologies, Dallas provides faster loading websites for its client across Texas. For more information, call at - (972) 375-9654