23. February 2019 12:51
Education sector has seen a major shift as technology has taken the center stage. The introduction of online learning courses, modern software applications and cloud based educational applications has changed the way how education sector used to work traditionally.
Cloud Technology Benefits
Cloud technology has revolutionized the operations in education sector in the following ways:
- Real-Time Instruction In Virtual Environment: Cloud technology has opened up a plethora of opportunities for students around the world. It offers numerous benefits by enabling face-to-face instructions in a virtual environment. This allows the students residing in different corners of the world to become a part of lectures delivered by teachers of well-known institutes.
- Self-Paced Distance Learning Online: Educational institutes now offer distant learning courses to students from all across the globe. Since, these courses can be accessed at any time of the day, from any part of the world, they enable students to learn at their own pace.
- Cost Effective: Cloud based solutions are cost effective as it does not require you to invest on costly infrastructure & equipment. The applications are compatible on mobile devices so the students are not required to own expensive computers or external storage devices. The software programs are either free of cost or require low-cost subscription because the cloud based applications run on internet browsers & the software as a service model (SaaS) makes it easy to use this technology at a lower cost.
- Unlimited Storage: Cloud hosting has unlimited storage capacity to manage enormous learning material as well as assignments submitted by the students. Also, since one cloud account can be accessed by students on multiple devices, teachers can easily share course material & assignments with all the students simultaneously.
- Data Security: Cloud storage is highly secure when it comes to data security. Any hardware failure at the end of a student or teacher does not result in loss of data. Also, the content is encrypted end-to-end for enhanced security.
- More Flexibility: Cloud solutions provide more flexibility to teachers by enabling them to customize their online learning portals according to the need of students. It is also easily scalable to accommodate increasing student base.
- No More Expensive Textbooks: Cloud based virtual education has outpaced the need of buying expensive textbooks. Digital content which is provided to the students is cheaper as compared to printed text. Thus, every student is able to access the same quality learning material which provides equal opportunity by leveling the field for all students.
- Easy To Update: Since cloud based material is easy to update, students can have access to the latest learning material at all times.
For more information, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.
19. February 2019 12:33
Virtual reality is emerging as a revolutionary technology. Albeit most people relate VR to gaming; in reality it is being used in numerous other domains these days. As the applications of VR are increasing, it is bound to create a huge impact in the near future.
Following are some uses of virtual reality:
- Military: VR is used by military forces all across the globe to train soldiers in varied activities like parachute jumps etc. The technology is also used to help them learn to cope up with dangerous & complex environments. VR makes it feasible to simulate the environment and perform without the risk of injury or death.
- Healthcare: VR is widely being used in healthcare sector for skill training & performing robotic surgeries. Virtual Reality applications enable doctors from across the globe to interact with each other within a virtually interactive environment. VR can also be used for diagnostics to diagnose a condition in conjunction with other methods.
- Entertainment: VR has made its way to the entertainment industry and is widely being used in virtual museums, discovery centers, virtual theme parks, galleries, theater, interactive performance studios, etc. People wear special glasses which enable them to see 3D objects from different angles. Virtual reality is also an important part of gaming as it adds 3D effects & improves the gaming experience.
- Real Estate: VR technology has also paved its way to real estate sector. It has enabled real estate agents to offer virtual tour of properties to the potential buyers for added convenience of viewing the properties without actually travelling.
- Business: The business community can use virtual reality to train employees, design the product, offer 360 degree view of the product, etc. It helps in saving costs as well as time.
- Education: Another field which has adopted virtual reality is education. It has enabled the students residing in different parts of the world to interact with each other in a three dimensional environment. Also, it helps in presenting complex data in a simple way which can be easily understood & learnt by the students.
- Construction: Virtual Reality has revolutionized the construction industry. It can be used to view a structure in 3D and experience how it would look in the real world. This enables the engineers to test a number of factors such as structure & design of the building, time & cost involved, etc. Engineers can also use it for simulated construction to maximize efficiency.
For more information on Virtual Reality and its applications, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.