15. December 2015 23:48
Web design trends keep on changing and it is important for the businesses to implement the best practices to stay a step ahead of their competitors. Though most of the web design trends have been present for many years, owing to their user-friendly approach, a lot of changes are expected to come about in the New Year that will bring a touch of innovation.
Here are some of the web design tends that businesses must follow in 2016:
- Responsive Design: With Google’s algorithm update, responsive websites had become more of a necessity in 2015. With people constantly switching to tablets and smartphones to access websites, having a responsive web design is the key to a successful business. It is a simple and cost-effective way to create websites that can automatically adjust to any screen size. The web design trend will continue to stay for quite a longer time.
- Long Scrolling: This technique is also targeted towards the convenience of mobile users in which they have to simply scroll down to explore a business’ products or services rather than visiting different web pages. Long scrolling design is specifically beneficial for businesses that want to embed a storytelling approach in their website.
- Video Backgrounds: Using a video or an animated background can add to a website’s visibility. When executed in the right manner, it can compel the visitors to actually pause and explore other pages of your website as well. Displaying a gently moving video as a full page background with overlaying headlines and buttons can add a sense of vitality to your website.
- Material Design: With the introduction of Google’s new style language, Material Design, businesses can now implement the principles of a good website design along with the innovations of technology. It allows you to create a simple website design, making the use of shadow effect to give depth to certain elements.
- The Hamburger Menu: This UI pattern is more valuable for mobile websites and looks quite appealing. By hiding the entire navigation under the hamburger menu, the website looks cleaner and more organized. However, this web design technique may not work efficiently for all types of websites as it reduces the discoverability of menu.
- Simplicity: Simplicity is probably the one of the most important elements of a good website design. You should not have any unnecessary elements on your home page and the call-to-actions should be clearly visible as well as strategically placed above the fold.
We, at Centex Technologies, provide comprehensive web design solutions to the business firms in Dallas, TX. For more information, you can call us at (972) 375 – 9654.
If you are struggling to attract users to your website or not getting the desired number of conversions, there may be a problem with your site’s layout, navigation, design or content. It is extremely essential that you keep a check on your website’s bounce rate in order to drive targeted traffic and make them stay longer, or even convert into customers.
Here are some tips that can help you reduce your website’s bounce rate:
- Post Engaging Content: Firstly, you must make sure that the content you post on your website is engaging and unique. It should be able to compel the visitors to read till the end. Your purpose should be to deliver valuable, informative and entertaining content, written in simple language that can be easily understood.
- Focus On Readability: In addition to content, you should focus on making the post easily readable for the users. If you provide information in a poor format and tiny fonts without any subheadings, people are more likely to lose interest and leave your website. You must use big and fathomable fonts, with sufficient spacing to make it easy for the visitors to read the content.
- Reduce Loading Time: If your landing page takes more than 6-10 seconds to load, it is more likely that the visitors will leave the website. Thus, you must use optimized images as well as graphics and remove all the unused style elements, to ensure a fast loading website.
- Responsive Design: Nowadays, many people use small screen devices like tablets and smartphones to access the internet. If your website is not optimized properly, it will affect their viewing experience, ultimately resulting in a high bounce rate. A responsive website adjusts its layout, fonts and navigation according to the screen size and orientation of the device in which it is being viewed.
- Review Navigation Menu: Your website’s navigation should be designed in a way that allows the users to reach the desired page with the minimum number of clicks. You should clearly classify your menu according to relevant categories and sub-categories. The navigation bar should also be easily accessible either horizontally at the top or vertically through the side of all web pages.
For more tips on reducing your website’s bounce rate, feel free to contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 – 9654.
6. February 2010 20:44
Website Development is believed to be a cumbersome process by many, which deters many businesses to employ it but to be true, no one living in USA can afford to ignore its importance in our lives. A web development process would generally include web designing and development and the process can differ according to the need of each business. Every business in general would have different needs from their website and would surely like it to look different from competition. Some businesses may require an ecommerce solution on the other hand some may just require a Content Management System. Some others may still want the website to just have a simple contact form.
A website should be considered as your office where a visitor can get exactly what he is looking for. Even a slightest of mistake or mismatch would enable the customer to move to your competitors which of course are not difficult to search for using Google. It is important that you should put in some effort while building your website. You must choose the right partners to do that for you.
Centex Technologies located in Killeen, Central Texas is a web development company where we make sure that your website is developed following the right processes. We make sure that we study your competition and build a website which is in line with competition. We take care of all your SEO needs as well. At Centex Technologies, we analyse your needs and accordingly develop your website. We can build complete ecommerce solutions, content based solutions and dynamic and static websites, flash websites and more based on your requirements. We make sure that your site is developed with latest tools and is built in a way where you are quickly indexed by search engines like Google, Yahoo and Bing, thereby bringing you more business than ever.
At Centex Technologies, you can be assured of quality web design service at an affordable cost. True value for money! Really!
Central Texas Web Development - SEO Central Texas