The advent of new technology has proven to be very helpful in combating diseases, especially pandemics such as COVID-19. If applied properly, technologies such as IoT, AI, and Big Data Analysis can be used to decelerate the propagation of the pandemic and avoid global health crisis in the future. Another technology that can be of immense help during a pandemic is ‘Connected Devices’.
Some applications of connected devices during a pandemic are:
- Monitoring Of Trends: Wearable devices, such as fitness bands, are widely being used for monitoring data such as activity, heart rate, sleeping patterns, etc. The data collected by these devices is continuously sensed and uploaded to the cloud. A thorough analysis of this data can help in the timely and accurate detection of trends that may be indicative of a population-level outbreak of any disease.
- Changing Patient Care Habits: A major concern during fighting a pandemic is to minimize contact with an infected carrier. Thus, isolation of patients is an important preventive action needed to control the spread of the pandemic. Connected devices such as thermometers, blood pressure monitors, glucometers, inhalers, etc. can help the patients in sending their health stats to the health care providers without the need of visiting the clinics. This reduces the risk of exposure. As these devices can be connected over a cellular network, patients can update their data from any location, regardless of the availability of WiFi coverage. Additionally, connected out-of-box cellular-based devices do not require the patients to have any knowledge of setting up a LAN/PAN connection.
- Quarantine Compliance: Smart cellular wristbands can be used to monitor the patients quarantined in their homes. These smart cellular IoT wristbands are small in size and have long battery life. The ability of these IoT wristbands to connect over a cellular network facilitates them to function independently from the patient’s smartphone. This helps the city management in ensuring that the patients are complying with quarantine rules.
- Improving The Reaction Time: Reaction time is a key factor in combating any pandemic. However, the timely reaction needs timely monitoring of symptoms and detection of contamination chains. Connected monitoring devices can help organizations, airports, malls, etc. in the effective and timely monitoring of people. These devices can also help in efficient monitoring of remote patients by healthcare professionals. This will help in the early detection of a pandemic resulting in reduced reaction time.
For more information on the key role of connected devices during a pandemic, call Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.
24. March 2020 09:22
5G is the fifth-generation mobile network. 5G offers greater download/upload speeds and reduced latency. Some other features of the 5G data network include increased traffic and seamless tech integration. Such features of the 5G data network facilitate it to play a great role in the success of business organizations.
In addition to these benefits, following are the roles that 5G can play in business growth:
- Intelligent IoT: Greater speed offered by 5G is expected to bring an increase in the number of intelligent IoT devices. 5G will provide better data insight and enhance infrastructure diagnose systems to improve the performance of IoT device networks.
- Remote Working: An increasing number of organizations are planning to inculcate remote working culture to improve the productivity of their business. However, slower network speeds and technology restraints have acted as a hurdle in the practical implementation of remote work culture. High data network speed allows seamless AR, VR and connectivity experience for integration of remote workers via quality conference calls, video streaming, etc. to create flexible office spaces.
- Rural Innovation: 5G will enable the government to connect the rural communities for generating opportunities for rural businesses. Alternatively, this will help established businesses in reaching out to a new customer base set in rural areas. 5G will enable marketing professionals in analyzing customer data, demographics, campaign results, and data product performance.
- Network Slicing: Network slicing allows the creation of multiple virtual networks on top of a common shared physical infrastructure. In the case of 5G, multiple virtual networks created from a single physical network can support different Radio Access Networks (RAN). This will allow businesses to set up a network as per their business goals. Businesses can provide an end-to-end virtual system encompassing networking, computing and storage functions.
- Manufacturing: Some common problems being faced by manufacturing companies across the world are timely product delivery, product complexity, skill drain, and process intricacy. 5G will assist manufacturing businesses in automating the processes to achieve process efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Retail: 5G offers improved connectivity resulting in a better retail experience. Retailers can make use of AR technology to provide additional information about their products. It will also facilitate services such as retail apps to attract customers and increase in-store as well as online sales.
- Transportation: 5G network will facilitate the usage of self-driving vehicles. Driverless delivery vehicles will enable businesses in ensuring timely and efficient delivery of products.
For more information about 5G internet and its utilities, call Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.
30. September 2019 14:46
As technology is evolving rapidly, it has enabled a faster change and greater progress in the IT industry. The disruptive technological trends like interconnected humans, robots, devices, content and services driven by them have become an integral part of modern IT applications.
Some of the major technology disruptors revolutionizing the IT industry are:
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA): It is an emerging form of automation technology that uses software with artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities. RPA is used to perform high-volume repetitive tasks that awere earlier done by humans. The RPA robots utilize the user interface to capture data and manipulate applications like humans do.
- Internet of Things (IoT): IoT enables devices, home appliances, cars, etc. to be virtually connected and exchange data over the internet. The connected devices share data that they collect and take instructions from multiple sources which may or may not be in close proximity. Proper use of IoT technology can enable optimized traffic system, efficient waste management, energy use, etc.
- Cloud Computing: The major part of the IT industry relies on cloud computing, making it one of the most trending technologies. The range of cloud solutions & delivery models is widening and it now requires the cloud services to be more adaptable in different areas of activity. Majority of IT service providers are acquiring hybrid cloud solutions to speed up the service delivery.
- Blockchain: Blockchain technology has potential applications in almost every field. We have already witnessed use of blockchain applications in healthcare, IT, real estate, law enforcement, cryptocurrency, banking, etc.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): AI are computer programs that perform highly intelligent tasks, such as recognition of images, speech, patterns and complex decision making. Machine learning is a new branch of AI that is creating and enabling smart business operations with greater accuracy.
- Data Security: Cybersecurity is increasingly evolving due to technological advancements. As the threats are constantly arising and the hackers are finding better ways to illegally access information, technologies are required to enhance data security by incorporating hardware authentication, cloud technology and deep learning. This makes data security an emerging technology as it will constantly evolve to defend against intruders.
Implementation of modern technology in business operations, marketing, customer care, etc. can increase productivity of an organization. For more information about various trending technologies and how they can be applied within your organization, call Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.