Information privacy on the cloud is a major concern for cybersecurity experts across the globe. With more and more businesses relying on cloud based storage, the threats for data breach have increased manifold. Although the service has numerous advantages, it is important that business owners implement certain proactive efforts to keep their data protected against any unauthorized access.
Here are some of the tips that can help to keep your cloud data safe and secure:
- Use Strong Password: One of the most important things you must do to keep your cloud account secure is choosing a strong password. You should not use common phrases, like your name or birthday, as these passwords are vulnerable to hacking attacks. Instead, include a combination of letters, numbers and special characters while creating your password.
- Avoid Storing Sensitive Information: As identity theft is on the rise, the best way to safeguard yourself is by keeping all the sensitive data away from the virtual world. Make sure you do not store information about your credit card, address, password, bank account, national security number etc. on the cloud. If you need to include any of these, you must properly encrypt it before uploading.
- Apply Two-Factor Authentication: If your cloud solution provides the option, you must apply two-factor authentication to increase the security of your account. In this, you will be required to enter a one-time-password, that you receive on your phone, to access your account. Thus, even if someone knows your password, he won’t be able to log in without clearing through this verification stage.
- Encrypt Data: Try to encrypt all of your information before uploading it to your cloud account. Most of the cloud service providers today allow encryption of data. However, you also have the option to download a third-party cloud protection app. By applying a strong encoding method, you can be assured that even if your files get stolen, the hackers would not be able to decode them without knowing the encryption key.
- Read The User Agreement Of Cloud Provider: It is extremely important that you carefully read the fine print and understand the terms and conditions of using your cloud account. Check about the security practices implemented by the company, both over the cloud and at the data center, to protect your data.
We, at Centex Technologies, provide complete IT security solutions to the business firms in Dallas, TX. For more information, you can call us at (972) 375 – 9654.
Having a cutting-edge website is crucial for the success of any business. It is the first thing that elicits the credibility of your brand. If your website has an outdated appearance or confusing layout, people will quickly bounce back and move to your competitor’s website. Thus, you should consider redesigning your website to keep it compatible with the current trends.
Here are some of the common signs that your business needs a website redesign:
- Not Responsive: With increasing use of smartphones and Google penalizing non-responsive websites, having a mobile-friendly site has become the need of the hour. Failing to have a responsive design means that if a mobile user lands on your website, the lack of proper optimization can immediately repel him. A responsive website will automatically adjust to any screen size in order to provide a consistent user experience.
- Outdated Layout: A website that has been designed years ago or seems to be outdated as compared to your competitors’ website also needs to be redesigned. Redesigning your website using advanced techniques will give it a complete facelift and improve your business’s perception among the users.
- Difficult To Navigate: Ideally, your website’s navigation should allow the users to reach on the desired web page in not more than two or three clicks. Browsing through your website should not be a difficult task for the visitors. Website redesign will also help to keep the site clutter free and the make call-to-action buttons more noticeable.
- Slow To Load: Having a website that takes more than 10 seconds to load can lead to losing a lot of potential customers. It is also possible that you might not be ranked well in Google as compared to other faster websites. Redesigning can fix all the issues that are slowing down your website and make it up-to-code.
- Not Converting Leads: No matter how visually appealing your website may be, the ultimate goal is to generate leads that convert. If you are not getting the desired results, you might need redesigning to identify and fix the issues.
- Decline In Traffic: If your website is witnessing a steady decline in the amount of traffic received, redesigning your website's structure may provide a solution. It can also help achieve a better ranking in search engine result pages.
For effective website redesigning services in Dallas, TX, get in touch with Centex Technologies. We strive to transform your website to improve its functionality and appearance. For more information, you can call us at (972) 375 – 9654.