29. March 2013 23:55
Of all the factors that affect SEO for local Dallas TX-based websites, the website server location is also one, the effect of which most small and medium businesses tend to ignore. The location of the website server and the domain name, are two factors that play a significant role in determining how a website ranks on Google and other search engines in a particular location. This is because search engines analyze this data to determine the geographical location of a business, and hence its search engine rankings for users in that area.
- Most of the businesses get a website server away from where their business is actually located. For US based websites it is beneficial to have a web hosting server in US as the IPs generated can be tracked by Search Engines for US. On the flipside, this strategy might prove beneficial to businesses that are located at a different location than the audience they wish to target. For instance, if your business is based in Texas, but the audience you are targeting is UK-based, getting a UK-based server might be a good idea.
- Another major way in which website-server location affects SEO rankings is through the load speed of the websites. Server locations have a significant impact on loading speeds, with websites based in the area they are targeting having much quicker load speeds. In other words, if your website server is based in the US and you are targeting a UK audience, you are likely to experience slow load speeds, which shall have a negative impact on your SEO. This is another reason why it is important to ensure that you have the right server location for your website.
- If you are not sure about where the server for your website is currently located, the first step is to look into this information. You can either contact your hosting company directly and ask them for this information, or use certain web-based tools to find out where the server is located. If you then wish to change the server location, it is possible to do so without changing the structure and functioning of your website.
15. March 2013 10:57
Lead generation is a key goal and an essential part of online promoting for businesses. Slide Share is an innovative way of generating leads for your business through a unique platform of content sharing. As in any other form of marketing content online, there are some key pointers that you need to be bear in mind for maximum productivity. The great thing about Slide Share is that it allows you to benefit from both text and images, hence forming a highly efficient way of reaching out to audiences.
The following simple tips guide you on how to use slide share to generate leads for your business-
- Research on the topic of your slide share- A slide share needs to convey sufficient and relevant information to the viewer, just as any other form of content on the web. This explains why it is important to carefully choose the topic, ensuring it is one with which you are well-versed, and which your target audience would be interested in reading about.
- Choose a catchy topic for the slide share- The topic of the slide share has a huge impact on its success, as it is what shall actually grab the attention of the users. Make sure that the topic strikes a strong impression, and is compelling enough to make the viewer want to move further into the slide share.
- Perform SEO on each presentation- Carrying out SEO, or Search Engine Optimization on each presentation is just important as preparing the content. Be sure to incorporate the right keywords in the titles, tags, and descriptions, so as to attract a relevant audience for your business.
- Share the presentation on multiple channels- In order to make the most out of slide share, you must embed the slide show on all your social profiles. This makes it possible for users to access the presentation without having to move away from their platform of choice, which in turn, generates more leads for your business.
- Market your presentation- Just making a presentation and putting out there is not enough. You have to make a continuous effort to increase the visibility of your slide shows. This might even mean marketing them offline, as through business meetings and conferences. It is also a great idea to study analytics of your slide shares to get an idea of the demographic that you are attracting, and the slide shows that are most popular.
Dallas Internet Marketing Company – Centex Technologies provide Search Engine Optimization Services to clients across Dallas and Killeen TX