30. October 2018 15:40
Browser hijacking happens when a user’s web browser is modified by an unwanted malicious software without their permission. It is also known as browser redirect virus as it redirects the user from one browser to another that usually contains malware. It may place unwanted advertizements into the browser or replace existing home page with hijacker’s page. The hijacking software might also contain spyware to obtain user’s confidential information.
Common Examples Of Browser Hijacking
- Babylon Toolbar
- Ask Toolbar
- Coupon Servers
- TV Wizard
How Does Brower Hijacking Work?
Usually an application is installed on a user’s system that seems to be legitimate however, is not. The user is then fooled into agreeing for an additional download and when they install that application it further leads to browser hijacking. The information about browser hijacker software is presented in a way that confuses the user and they often end up installing it even though they are given an option to decline the download.
Browser Hijacking is usually done by spreading malware through email attachments containing malicious links, downloading infected files or visiting websites containing malware. It may also result from third party software, scripts and plug-ins, etc.
How Do You Know Your Browser Has Been Hijacked?
- When your searches are redirected to different websites.
- Web page loading is quite slow.
- There are multiple pop-up advertizement alerts.
- Numerous toolbars on the web browser which have not been installed by the user.
- Inability to access necessary data.
- Very less browser security.
- Sites being blocked.
- Web queries that fail to proceed through search engines.
How To Remove Browser Hijacking?
- Check out the authenticity of browser add-ons, plug-ins, extensions etc.
- Remove anything that seems suspicious or unnecessary from the system’s browser.
- Reset the browser settings to original default.
- Clear off the system’s Domain Name System (DNS) cache.
- Use browser hijacker removal tools
How To Prevent Browser Hijacking?
Following are some ways to prevent browser hijacking in the first place:
- Regularly update operating system (OS) as well as browser patches.
- Make sure that the browser software is updated with latest security features and are devoid of any vulnerabilities.
- Avoid clicking on emails & links sent by an untrusted source.
- Read all terms & conditions as well as end user licensing agreements before downloading any software.
- Install a good anti-virus software.
For more information about browser hijacking, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654. We are a leading technology consulting firm, which also provide IT support, Search Engine Optimization, Website Designing & Development services to their clients across the globe.
13. October 2018 13:38
Li-Fi i.e. Light Fidelity is a revolutionary wireless optical networking technology. It uses light-emitting diodes for data transmission. The LED light bulbs that have a chip that modulates light imperceptibly for optical data transmission. Data is transmitted by LED bulbs which is then received by photoreceptors. It is much more efficient & secure than typical wireless technologies.
The term LI-Fi was coined by Harald Hass, a professor from University Of Edinburgh during a TED talk in 2011. The primary difference between Wi-Fi and Li-Fi is that the former runs on radio waves whereas the latter uses light waves.
How Does It Work?
The intensity of light is modulated either by dimming it, turning it on and off at a very high speed to transmit data over Li-Fi. These changes are generally imperceptible to the human eye.
An LED with signal processing technology is fitted over an overhead lamp. The data which is embedded in its beam is streamed to the photo detector. The data is demodulated in electronic form by a dongle at the receiver’s node. It is then converted back into a data stream and transmitted to a computer or mobile device.
Li-Fi is 100 times faster than normal wireless technologies with a speed of 224 gigabytes per second under lab conditions.
Benefits Of Li-Fi
- Due to high speed, the data transfer rate for internet application is high.
- As light cannot pass through the walls & opaque surfaces, sending data through Li-Fi signal is highly secure. This is because Li-Fi internet is available to users within a room which thus prevents its unwanted access.
- It is highly efficient technology which consumes very less energy.
- Li-Fi devices consume very little power.
- Completely safe & has no health concerns associated with it as it operates on optical bands.
- Helps in avoiding neighboring network interference.
Applications Of Li-Fi
- Military – Li-Fi is highly secure even though it is confined to a small range which makes it ideal for military use in remote areas. It is does not require much physical infrastructure because all it needs is light.
- Underwater Communications – Radio waves cannot travel through water whereas light can. So it can be used by underwater vehicles & divers to communicate with each other under water.
- Augmented Reality – It is generally used in museums & galleries. Through this people can download or view information regarding the object being viewed from the light on their phone or camera.
- Safety Environment – Li-Fi can be extremely helpful to transfer data in explosion hazard environments where other electrical equipment’s are restricted.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems – LED lights are widely being used in car headlights these days. It is being used in traffic lights and also to develop anti-collision systems. It enables your car system to get real time information from the network.
So, the technology is based on visible light communication. With speed as much as 100 times faster in testing than other wireless technologies, it is a perfect fit for data requirements of future.
For more information, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.