If you are struggling to attract users to your website or not getting the desired number of conversions, there may be a problem with your site’s layout, navigation, design or content. It is extremely essential that you keep a check on your website’s bounce rate in order to drive targeted traffic and make them stay longer, or even convert into customers.
Here are some tips that can help you reduce your website’s bounce rate:
- Post Engaging Content: Firstly, you must make sure that the content you post on your website is engaging and unique. It should be able to compel the visitors to read till the end. Your purpose should be to deliver valuable, informative and entertaining content, written in simple language that can be easily understood.
- Focus On Readability: In addition to content, you should focus on making the post easily readable for the users. If you provide information in a poor format and tiny fonts without any subheadings, people are more likely to lose interest and leave your website. You must use big and fathomable fonts, with sufficient spacing to make it easy for the visitors to read the content.
- Reduce Loading Time: If your landing page takes more than 6-10 seconds to load, it is more likely that the visitors will leave the website. Thus, you must use optimized images as well as graphics and remove all the unused style elements, to ensure a fast loading website.
- Responsive Design: Nowadays, many people use small screen devices like tablets and smartphones to access the internet. If your website is not optimized properly, it will affect their viewing experience, ultimately resulting in a high bounce rate. A responsive website adjusts its layout, fonts and navigation according to the screen size and orientation of the device in which it is being viewed.
- Review Navigation Menu: Your website’s navigation should be designed in a way that allows the users to reach the desired page with the minimum number of clicks. You should clearly classify your menu according to relevant categories and sub-categories. The navigation bar should also be easily accessible either horizontally at the top or vertically through the side of all web pages.
For more tips on reducing your website’s bounce rate, feel free to contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 – 9654.
User interaction design is one of the most complicated parts of web design. It involves creating intuitive interfaces to increase visual appeal and at the same time, enhance user experience. In order to create a perfect interaction design, it is important that you analyze the behavior of your audiences and implement the correct strategy in order to generate maximum conversions.
Here are some of the common mistakes that you must avoid while designing an interaction for your website:
- Excessive Innovation: Though interaction design requires creativity, including too much of it may ruin your website’s overall usability. It is important to create interaction according to the objective of your website otherwise it would not serve the purpose it intends to. Users expect an ideal combination of innovation and familiarity in the navigation. Being too creative may make them leave your website.
- Confusing Navigation: When a user visits your website, he expects a clear and properly categorized navigation menu. You should make sure that you use the standard categories in your website’s menu – about us, products/services, contact us etc. For instance, if you are an online apparel seller, you should clearly categorize the products so that the users are easily able to find what they are looking for.
- Clutter: Placing too many elements above the fold can make the visitors confused about the next step to perform. Instead of stuffing your website with multiple calls to action, promotional content or images, you should stick to simplicity and aestheticism. Your home page should include only those elements that your visitors may want to see at the outset, i.e. about your company, key products/services, contact details etc.
- Lengthy Forms: The contact form on your website should also be designed and styled efficiently. Whether it is to contact your company, subscribe to newsletter or register on the website, make sure you do not include unnecessary form fields. Ask only for the information that is absolutely required.
- Wrong Color Selection: You should choose colors according to the type of your business and target audiences. There should be a proper contrast between the background and main elements to establish a visual hierarchy. The color, shape, size and position of the call-to-action buttons should also be thoughtfully determined so as to generate better leads.
For complete interaction design solutions in Dallas, TX, contact Centex Technologies. For more information, you can call us at (972) 375 – 9654.