27. October 2011 01:03
A Virtual Private Network is of great importance in a company that operates over a wide geographical area. It helps different groups of people keep in touch with each other so as to facilitate business operations. The best thing about a VPN network is that it uses the public network of the internet to provide a safe and secure means of communication between the management and the employees or customers. It is also an efficient way of keeping in touch with different people based outside of the company. When a certain employee is travelling to faraway locations for business purposes, the company can easily keep in touch with him/her through a pre established Virtual Private Network. It is essential to use such a network for this purpose so as to protect client confidentiality and to keep all data safe from outsiders or possible hackers.
In the case of a virtual private network, the company usually has its own private network through which all communications and data is routed. The basis used for this transmission is the already existing infrastructure provided by the internet. This allows for encryption of the data that is to be sent along with ensuring that economy of operations is maintained. A company does not need to make huge investments for setting up a Virtual Private network as the internet charges are going to apply for using such a network across the globe.
There are several benefits that can be derived from a VPN. Some of them are:
- A VPN can be used for communication with far off locations as well as nearby areas. This helps to substantially decrease the telephone bills of the company as all information is disseminated and received through the official VPN.
- It helps in keeping the data secure.
- A VPN also helps in bringing efficiency in the working of the organization as the employees do not need to come in person in order to relay any sensitive or confidential information as it can be safely transmitted through a VPN.
- Virtual private networks are quite reliable as they provide uninterrupted channels of communication and data transfer at all times. Even if the company has certain employees based in remote areas, they can easily maintain interaction with the central management.
- VPN services are quite flexible and their scope can be increased as and when required by the business.
For complete IT support, call us at Centex Technologies (Toll free: (855) 375-9654)
Web Development Dallas - Website Design Dallas Tx
5. October 2011 05:17
Lots of people are fast realizing the potential of ecommerce businesses and are moving their offline operations to the online world. There are lots of advantages of running an online business; the most important being the low set up costs associated with such businesses. A product selling business is generally associated with taking orders from customers, obtaining payment and subsequently delivering them to the addresses provided. An effective and efficient shipping process must be in place in order to do so successfully. Thus you need to have shipping modules in place for your website so that all your deliveries take place in a cost effective and timely manner.
While setting up a shipping module for your website, there are several important things that you need to figure out. Some of them are:
- The amount of money that you are going to charge to customers’ accounts for the shipping process needs to be determined. This should be decided depending on the geographical areas where certain customers are based and the value of the item being shipped. The shipping rate is generally a certain percentage of the price of the product. Some companies may also wish to have a standardized shipping rate irrespective of the amount the product costs. You need to develop the pricing policy with regard to shipping beforehand so that your customers can be made aware of this as soon as they decide to buy something on your website.
- You also need to figure out whether you are going to outsource the shipping process or are going to take on the responsibility of delivery yourself by setting up a shipping department to manage all such related affairs.
- Some ecommerce websites may have shipping modules in the form of tables that customers need to browse through in order to arrive at the price that they are expected to pay for the delivery of the items they are purchasing. However, having automated shipping modules in place that provide the shipping costs along with the product costs at the time of check out are a more suitable alternative. These shipping modules help generate the price on the basis of the postal codes that customers provide.
We at Centex Technologies provide complete web development solutions to our clients. We are pioneers in creating state-of-the-art ecommerce websites including advanced features like payment processing, shipping modules and SEOed Urls etc. For more information, contact us at (855) 375-9654
Website Design Dallas Tx - Dallas Search Engine Optimization