29. February 2020 12:09
Bluetooth beacons are hardware devices that use low energy signals to transmit periodic information to electronic mobile devices in close proximity. The beacons transmit their id to the mobile devices, which return this identification number to the cloud server. The server responds by sending the information attached to the identification number. It could be a product detail, a webpage, a phone number, etc.
Business marketing professionals are using Bluetooth beacons in numerous ways to increase sales and revenue:
- Tracking customer’s in-store movements: Bluetooth beacons can be used to track the movements of a customer in the store and send relevant offers. For example, if the beacon detects that a customer is in shoes section, it makes sense to send her a shoe discount coupon. This motivates the customer to make a purchase.
- Help Customers In In-Store Navigation: It is common for customers to abandon the store if they can’t find what they are looking for. Bluetooth beacon technology can be used to tackle this problem efficiently. The technology can be used in conjunction with the store app to create an in-store mapping experience. Businesses can develop their apps to assist the customers in creating a shopping list as they enter the store. The app can then be used to show them the location of the selected products. The Bluetooth beacons detect the real-time location of the customers as they move and create a map to show them if they are moving in the right direction or not in relevance to the products.
- Attract Customers To In-Store Events: Retail businesses commonly organize in-store events to attract customers during holiday seasons. The events may range from free makeup tutorials to gift wrapping presentations. Traditionally, the business marketing professionals used emails or telemarketing to inform their customers about the events. However, customers have a higher probability to walk in the store for attending an event, if they are already in the vicinity. Thus, you can use Bluetooth beacon technology to alert mobile device users in the proximity of your store about the ongoing events. This will help in increasing the footprint traffic, giving you a chance to generate leads.
- Improve In-Store Conversion Rates: Using Bluetooth beacon technology, you can have an idea of the products that are being purchased by a customer via his online shopping list or in-store location. This information can be used to transmit notifications or reminders to purchase related products. For example, if a customer purchases cereal in a supermarket, a notification such as ‘Do you also need milk?’ can make sense to him. Such targeted messaging helps in increasing in-store conversion rate.
For more information about use of Bluetooth beacons in business marketing, call Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.
24. February 2020 15:03
Customer service is an important aspect of any business organization. Businesses keep looking for new ideas to improve their customer service and offer better customer experience, which has led to the advancements in AI based customer service solutions. Although, businesses have been using AI in customer support for a while; the collaboration still holds many facets that are yet to be unfolded in the future.
Following are some of the applications of AI that can be explored for enhancing customer service by businesses:
- Brand Messenger: In recent years, there has been an increased user inclination towards messaging apps. The use of messaging has extended from personal communications to user engagement with brands. This has laid out a path for businesses to incorporate chatbots to interact with new and existing customers. As some major industries (like fashion, tourism, food chains, airline, e-commerce and hotels) have adopted this feature to increase user engagement; it would be exciting to know which industries will follow the suit in future.
- Quick Resolution: Wait time for resolving simple queries is an important determinant in customer satisfaction. Customers seek quick answers to general queries and tend to trust a brand that offers faster answers and streamlined action plans for their queries. Thus, businesses can exploit the capacity of AI to multi-task and handle multiple automated queries. This will help in limiting the response time and generating accurate resolutions.
- Customized User Experience: In addition to making self-service user interfaces more intuitive, AI can help in anticipating customer needs based on previous chat history, contexts and user preferences. AI integrated systems can capture a large amount of data for identifying customer issues, defining customer behavior, determining frequent decisions, prompting with proactive alert messages, suggesting personalized offers and discounts, etc. Such intelligent assistance and pre-emptive recommendations will help companies in offering a quality rich customer service.
- AI Controlled Multiple Support Channels: In addition to providing direct assistance to the customers, AI can be used to control multiple channels of customer support. For example, in case a telecommunications agent is unable to answer a query, AI can determine the issue and direct the customer towards dedicated support channel.
Undoubtedly, these applications support the strengthening of collaboration between AI & Customer Support. However, as the AI systems rely on collecting extensive user data for working efficiently, this gives rise to privacy concerns. The data collecting system can be compromised resulting in a data breach. Thus, business organizations need to pay due attention to data security policies before implementing AI supported customer service systems.
For more information about use of AI in customer service, call Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.