Encryption is one of the most effective and popular data security methods used by business organizations. It translates data into a different encoded form which can only be accessed by those people who have the secret key. Data Encryption is widely used in securing information that is submitted over internet. Almost all ecommerce portals, online businesses, portals where financial and personal information is processed utilizes different methods of data encryption.
Types Of Data Encryption
Symmetric Data Encryption:
In this type of encryption, only one private key is used to encrypt and decrypt data. The sender encrypts data with the help of a key and receiver decrypts it with that same key. However, the encryption key must always be protected to prevent data from being decoded by the unauthorized users.
Asymmetric Data Encryption:
Also known as Public-key Cryptography, this is most commonly used encryption. It uses two separate keys to encrypt and decrypt data. The key used to encrypt data is a public key which is generally available to everyone and the other key, called private key, is provided only to recipient to decrypt the data.
Hashing generates a unique, fixed-length value summarizing the contents of a message or a file. Each hash is unique to a specific message, so even a little bit of tampering with it can be easily tracked. Although hashing is not a technical term for data encryption but it can still be useful to check whether the data has been tampered with or not.
BENEFITS OF DATA ENCRYPTION
Data encryption has changed massively in past few years. Here are few benefits of data encryption:
- Data Encryption techniques relies on global standards that can guarantee mitigation of flaws.
- Data Encryption systems are affordable and can even provide a military level security.
- Data Encryption protects sensitive information whether on mobile, laptop, desktop computer or any external storage device. This helps you to access your data wherever you go.
- Even if the data is stolen, the information will be protected by data encryption mechanism. It can also free up your resources being used for security perimeters.
To know more about the benefits of data encryption for your organization, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 – 9654.
With the recent advancements in technology, data analysis has entered a new phase in which large amount of data can be harvested and processed. Big data analytics refers to the process of examining this data set to uncover existing patterns, trends, demands and correlations between various factors, which further helps to make informed business decisions. For instance, Netflix uses big data analytics to improve its video streaming services and improve user experience.
Big data is basically characterized by 3Vs i.e. Volume, Variety and Velocity.
- Volume: Different Machine-to-Machine and Human-to-Machine communications result in large amount data, which need to be analyzed to extract useful information.
- Variety: All the data that is generated is of the unstructured nature. It needs to be processed, curated and annotated to bring out important piece of information or facts from it.
- Velocity: Large chunk of data is being generated every second and needs to be processed. Therefore, there is need for tools that can handle the flow of this data and produce required results.
Why It Matters?
Big data analytics can provide valuable business intelligence by harnessing the company data and use it to identify new opportunities. This helps the company to make smart decisions, increase profits and most importantly, satisfy the customers. Few of the advantages of big data analytics are as follows:
- Big data analytics frameworks like Hadoop have started to bring significant cost reduction when it comes to storing huge amount of data.
- The ability to analyze new data can help the companies to break down every bit of information into something useful and make decisions based on the results.
- Big data analytics is important for firms that have a large amount of data flowing every second. The analysis can provide useful information from that data and in turn, gives them a competitive edge over others.
Some of the industries that benefit from big data analytics are:
- Public Sector Services
- Learning Services
- Insurance Services
- Industrialized and Natural Resources
- Transportation Services
- Banking Sectors and Fraud Detection
If used wisely, the analytic tools can help to make predictions and explain the entire growth pattern of your business. For more information about the importance of big data analytics, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 – 9654.