31. January 2019 12:27
A business generates huge chunks of data every day which is susceptible to cyber threat and risk of loss. Once lost, it can interrupt daily operations of the business or bring them to a standstill. So, it is extremely essential to back up the business data regularly in order to retrieve the lost data, if a need arises.
There are variety of factors that need to be considered while choosing the data backup service that best suits your business needs. Following are some factors that can help you make the right choice.
- Scalability Capabilities: As your business grows, the amount of data produced by it also increases. So, make sure to choose a scalable data backup service with the capability to accommodate the growing needs of your business. It is important to consider this or you would have to buy a new backup option to fulfill your business needs, which will cost you both time & effort.
- Cost Effectiveness: Cost is another important factor that needs to be considered as data backup providers charge a fee for rendering their services. The backup provider may choose a fixed rate or pay-as-you-go basis. However, make sure to ask about any hidden fees, charges that you might have to pay if you exceed the data limit, etc. Also inquire about their refund policy, just in case you change your mind.
- Security & Privacy Of Data: Data security is a primary concern for a business, so it is important to ensure that you choose a data backup service provider that offers top-notch security. This is necessary to prevent information spillage. The service provider might offer security measures such as limited access to information, encryption capabilities, two-step verification, password usage, etc.
- Reputation Of The Service Provider: Do check the reputation of the service providers before opting for their services. Conduct a thorough background research and check their work history, certifications, client testimonials, track record, etc.
- Needs Of The Company: It is vital to assess the needs of your company and choose a data backup provider accordingly. You need to make various considerations such as the data type & size, level of support required, compliances with the laws, etc.
- Terms Of Service: Different service providers have different terms and conditions, so it is important to inquire about them in advance. This will enable you to understand their policies on matters concerning data ownership, management, security & access.
In the wake of rising cyber-crimes and stringent legal requirements, it is very important to choose a reliable as well as cost effective data backup service provider.
For more information, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.
21. January 2019 12:20
In order to thrive in the competitive environment, small businesses need to revolutionize the way they conduct themselves. It can be achieved by making the best use of technology. Let us discuss ways in which technology can help a small business:
- Cloud-Based Services: Small businesses can simplify their operations by opting for online cloud-based services. This will help them in improving productivity while reducing administrative costs. They can also incorporate cloud-based applications in their sales and marketing processes to make them efficient.
- Marketing: Businesses can formulate better marketing strategies as technology enables them to create user friendly portals, communicate with online clients using chatbots, track customer’s buying behavior, promote business on different platforms, reach out to customers through emails or messenger apps, have an effective customer support system, etc. which in turn generates more revenues.
- Accounting: Technology enables businesses to use an online invoicing service. This helps in significantly reducing the cost of collecting payments from customers. Also, businesses can keep a track of their expenses using software and apps specifically designed for this purpose. Technology has also enabled business to pay their taxes online, streamline business finances, share financial information & records online, etc.
- Mobile Working & Telecommuting: Devices like tablets, smartphones or laptops have enabled professionals to stay in contact with their customers, no matter where they go. This way they can interact with the customers and solve their queries as & when they arise.
- RFID: It is a technology that enables businesses to capture the digital data encoded in RFID tags or smart labels using a reader via radio waves. The technology is used to track mass objects and helps in saving time & effort.
- Communication: If communication costs form a large part of your monthly expenses, then resort to online communication methods like VOIP. Online communication solutions are highly functional and help in cutting communication costs.
- Better Customer Service: Technology has enabled businesses to have interactive websites, 24/7 customer service, online chat support etc. through which they can always stay in touch with their customers. This has helped in increasing customer satisfaction as their requests are attended at the earliest.
Businesses in every industry are benefiting from the use of technology as it has made business processes easier for the staff as well as made customer interaction hassle free.
Centex Technologies is an IT consulting firm providing technical assistance to businesses around the globe. It also offers myriad of other services like website designing, website development, search engine optimization, software development etc. For more information, call at (972) 375 - 9654.