The mission of Centex Technologies' Digital Forensics division is to assist law enforcement agencies and district attorneys in the following areas:
- Uncovering and deciphering mobile and computer data
- Performing investigations by collecting, identifying, and validating digital information to reconstruct past events.
- Preserving digital evidence in its original or other form that would be admissible in court.
- Assisting in the prosecution of cases involving digital evidence
- We continually research digital devices by using and developing advanced forensic techniques in our lab to contribute to law enforcement and the field of digital forensics.
As more people access computers and the internet, a greater number of computers are being used for criminal misuse or fraud. Our qualified forensic experts perform professional and comprehensive forensic data recovery and analysis services to ensure that no matter whether it is an internal or external hard disk, your data can be recovered.
Recoverable data can include:
- Deleted Data
- Social Media Data
- Video Files and Audio Files
- Internet History
- User Profiles and Activity
- USB Device History
- Email and Webmail
Mobile devices, including phones and tablets, store significant amounts of personal information, both intentionally and sometimes, unintentionally. Our mobile forensic experts specialize in the forensic retrieval of data from phones and other mobile devices in a manner that preserves the evidence using forensically sound techniques.
Depending on device model, various data that may be retrieved and examined during a cell phone forensic investigation, even after being deleted, include:
- Call History Log Recovery
- Text Message (SMS) Recovery
- Phone Book and Contact Extraction
- Calendar and To Do List Extraction
- Pictures, Videos and Audio Recovery
- Phone Email and Chat Analysis
- Multimedia Message Recovery
- Social Media Data
- Recovery of User Lock Codes
- SIM Card Data Extraction
- Physical Memory (Hex) Dump
- Phone File System Capture
We can forensically process many models of mobile phone handsets including:
- Smart phones and devices running major operating systems, including Apple iOS, Google Android, Microsoft Windows Mobile, Blackberry, Palm, and various other proprietary operating systems.
We can forensically process many other digital devices including:
- IoT (Internet of Things) devices that include Smart Home devices like Amazon Echo, Fire TV, and Echo Show devices
- Digital audio recorders
- Portable hard dives and thumb drives
- Any device capable of storing digital information is a possible candidate for digital recovery and analysis.
- The digital universe is continually expanding and evolving. We continually research and test new devices and techniques in our lab.
Advanced services and techniques:
- We can extract data from damaged or non-working devices on a case-by-case basis.
- We specialize in advanced forensic techniques to include JTAG, ISP (In-System-Programming), and Chip-off.