14. November 2018 14:55
Machine Learning (ML) is a technique of artificial intelligence that gives a computer system the ability to learn from data without being specifically programmed. The term machine learning was coined by Arthur Samuel in 1959. It builds algorithms that can learn from data and make data driven predictions on the basis of inputs made in the past. The computer, software as well as the device performs via cognition which works very similar to the human brain.
Here are some most common applications of Machine Learning that we make in everyday life:
- Virtual Personal Assistant: They act as your personal assistants and help you find information as demanded over voice. Machine learning is a vital part of these personal assistants as they collect, define and predict information on the basis of inputs made in the past. They start recognizing your preferences and show results accordingly.
- Traffic Predictions: Our current location is tracked through GPS navigation, which enables the server to predict current traffic. It will do a congestion analysis and let you know the way you should take to avoid being stuck in traffic. Also it estimates the areas which are more prone to traffic congestion on a daily basis.
- Online Transportation Network: Machine learning plays a major role when it comes to online transportation network. For example, it is only though this technique that when you book a cab, the app estimates price of the ride, minimizes the detours, predicts the price when the demand is high etc.
- Video Surveillance: Nowadays, video cameras are designed in a way that makes it possible to detect & prevent any crimes. Machine learning enabled system keeps a track of any unusual activity or behavior & alerts the human attendants if there is something suspicious to help in preventing it.
- Social Media Services: Social media platforms are also using machine learning. It is being used for effectively targeting ads, personalizing the news feed, recognizing the face when you upload your and a friend’s picture, suggesting people you may know on the basis of friends you connect to, profiles you visit, interests you share, etc.
- Online Customer Support: Websites nowadays give people an option to chat with their customer support representative or a chatbot while scrolling through it. The chatbot is able to understand user queries only due to the machine learning algorithms.
- Product Recommendations: Machine learning enables websites & apps to personalize the customer experience and make recommendations as per your taste. It understands the behavior, brand preferences and shows you the results accordingly.
- Online Fraud Detection: It has helped in increasing cyber security by tracking & preventing monetary frauds such as money laundering etc.
For more information about machine learning & its applications, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.