5. June 2011 11:51
For any company, their website is of prime importance. Not only it reflects the image of a company but also provides complete information about products and services provided. It is therefore very important to create an effective website that will not only have a good navigation, well written content arranged systematically but also an eye-catching website design. Most of the web design and development companies do try to create enticing websites but they often fail to address basic fundamentals of visitor’s psychology. There are some important things that should be kept in mind for the effective designing of a website. These are:
- Before starting the website design process, you should know about the resolution that a particular website will be viewed in. You may want to have a fixed width website or a fluid width website. Fixed width websites are the ones where the width of the page is kept fixed while fluid width website adjusts itself according to the monitor’s resolution.
- It is important to understand the purpose of a website before beginning the design process. Definitely a Saloon’s website will be different than an online shopping cart. So based on the need of the business, website design concept is planned.
- Depending on the concept you choose, you should plan to use various design tools. You may need to work on Corel for creating characters or use Photoshop for creating PSD. You may also need to use Flash in the final website.
- Organization of various elements in the design should be taken well care of. The website design created should be simple enough for visitors to browse website effectively. Various elements like Link Bar, Contact form, Header image, Home page text, News section link or snippet, Social Media logos and links etc all need to be arranged in a manner that it makes sense for users.
- Fonts should be simple and easily understandable. There are a few fonts that are so complex and make the website content difficult to understand. Some fonts that are recommended are Arial, Times New Roman, Georgia, Courier New and Verdana. These fonts can be further made more attractive and appealing by using various effects like italic, bold or bold italic. Likewise, the content should be placed appropriately on the website.
Our design team at Centex Technologies lays emphasis on effective website design. For a new look of your current website or to create a new website, call us at (855) 375-9654