13. February 2011 17:11
With newer features in web designing software and newer concepts coming up, website designing ideas and methods are improving by leaps and bounds. Now days we are witnessing usage of vibrant colors, extensive ajax and Web 3.0 concepts in most of the websites. The focus is on creating CSS driven websites. There are many browsers like Mozilla, IE, Opera, Safari etc that are used to surf the internet. As a result the websites are to be created keeping them in mind. More and more concentration is on creating user friendly websites. For creating a successful website, the following design elements have to be kept in mind.
- W3C standards – It is advised to follow website design standards set by W3C consortium. You should get your HTML/ XHTML and CSS validated.
- Cross browser compatibility – As mentioned above various web browsers like Mozilla, IE, Opera and Safari are used by people across the world. So it is important to create websites that are compatible with most of the popular web browsers.
- Clean markup – Website design is not just about the outer appearance. Navigation, Meta Tags, Alt Tags are important aspects of a good website design. The HTML code of a website should be clean and well commented.
- SEO friendly designs – SEO elements should be kept in mind while creating websites. Usage of heavy graphics and images should be avoided. Flash should also be avoided as it is not considered SEO friendly. The lighter your webpage is, the more easily it is browsed by search engine spiders.
- Attractive designs – Pictures and other design elements like prominent fonts, bright colors etc should be used to create attractive website designs. A good web designer will always lay emphasis on design’s appeal. It should be attractive and soothing for eyes.
- Accessibility – Ideally, website should not only focus on general users but should also focus on challenged individuals. Various features like – ability to change the text font, captions for audio, video descriptions, readable background colors, page headings, and consistent structure should be followed in the website.
- Keep it simple – A website should be kept simple. Users should clearly know what is written, what sections a website have and where a particular link would lead you to? User should not get confused and should be able to find the information they are looking for in an instant.
A company’s website is an introduction of services and products they offer. It is important to have a well designed and an informative website for your business. We at Centex Technologies specializes in creating user friendly, SEO focused websites for our client. For more information, feel free to call us at - (254) 213-4740.
Waco Web Design - Web Design Austin Texas