17. November 2007 21:28
The presence of internet is felt in every field. It really doesn’t matter what business you are involved in. Whether you are selling a product or service, your competition is hard online & you have to be the best to sell your products. Submitting the website on the worldwide web does not mean that you will find success online. You have to do a lot of hard work to attract the customers to see what you have to offer & how they can be benefited from them.
There are certain tips which you can use to get hits on your website:
1. Understand customers needs: When you begin to develop your internet presence, include some features that you know your target audience will want: some 'quick wins' to get the site up & running. For this, organizations do market research at the early stage to get indications that are likely to visit their websites. Customer is the main key for success in online business so companies should be able to give them what they expect to increase the p[popularity of their sites.
2. Offer a free Newsletter: Yes, a newsletter will take a time to put together but by offering helpful tips & resources to your readers, they will see how you are more then willing to help & you will earn their respect. A newsletter is also a great way to approach your target market. Your subscribers want to receive your newsletter so take advantage of that captive audience. A newsletter is worth a thousand words".
3. Exchange links with other websites/businesses: Find other websites that offer products, services to a similar target market as yours .Make sue the links are relevant to your business.
4. Keep your website up to date & maintained :Don’t think that submitting the website once on internet will do miracles for you in your business. Be sure to include information your customers can use & that search engines will see as new content. When search engine spider the internet to update their indexes, they will look to see how valuable your website information is & if you are willing to offer more. So, new content will attract them & your website will stay on high listings.
5. Submit your website to search engines & directories. Last but not the least submit your website in the category that matches your site. Make sure that it contains the relevant keywords to attract a large section of audience.
It is easy to start an Online business but to achieve success in this requires 24 X 7 hard work & proper market and business strategy.