The landing page of your website is your chance to strike the right first impression on prospective clients and customers. Most users decide whether they want to stay on a website or leave it, within the first few seconds of landing on it. An ideal landing page is one that not just manages to convince users to stay on your website, but also encourages them to convert and share socially. The major problems in landing pages from an SEO standpoint are: mismatch with keyword searched for by user, inability to grasp attention, and poor conversion patterns. The following tips guide you on how to create landing pages that actually work:
- The most important step to landing page improvement from a search perspective is setting relevant keywords to landing pages. Not only do you need to rank high for the right keywords in search engines, but you also need to ensure that you are ranking the right landing pages.
- The integration of Rank Tracker with Google Analytics allows you to analyze the amount of traffic coming to your target landing page, as well as bounce rates. It is important to track the landing pages that rank for different keywords, since quite often, the landing page that you try to rank might be different from the one that search engines prefer for the same keywords.
- The next step is to ensure that your landing pages have what it takes to keep users engaged. You can work on this by leveling up the content of your landing pages. You can determine if users find your landing page engaging. It is also helpful to analyze user comments, shares, and feedbacks.
- Pay attention to the design and layout of your landing page. The layout should be user-friendly and intuitive, preferably with visuals, short videos, pictograms, and screenshots to make navigation easy.
- Building funnels for bundles of landing pages can help to identify unexpected flaws. It is advisable to analyze various landing page-registration page combinations through this method.
- Finally, remember to diversify your landing page content based on the level of awareness of your users. The landing page should have content to grasp users who have no previous knowledge as well as avid users.
Just remember that landing page optimization is a continuous process. There is always a scope for improvement when it comes to landing pages- the key remains to keep working on your landing pages consistently and proactively.