27. December 2012 00:47
Once your online community is up and running on a technology platform, it is now time to focus on the best practices to engage and retain customers. Social business promotions are all about engaging your customers in relevant conversations in order to generate more sales through them. Here is a set of nine steps to a successful customer retention process –
- Respond in a quick manner with short turnaround time – If you respond within few minutes or at most an hour, the customer would prioritize your brand over others when it’s time to buy. The conversation should ideally be fast enough so as to leave an impression as if you are present in-person with the customer.
- Discuss outside content to keep the conversation interesting – Instead of broadcasting only your own stuff, you should discuss other relevant markets products. The customer should not get besieged with your products of your business.
- Publicize your blog articles on multiple social platforms – Blogs are always a good starting point to let a prospective customer initiate a discussion. More the prospective customers get to know about your products, the more engaged they get with your brand.
- Include photos and videos – Visuals are usually easy to comprehend and therefore, you should always include relevant photos and videos of your products.
- Educate employees – Keep training your team with the latest content relevant to your business. Your team should be able to support your campaign in an effective manner.
- Recognize active members of your social community – Reward the customers who are most active on your social community. Putting the most active member on the spotlight would increase the engagement among other fellow community members as well.
- Pay attention to differences in different technology platforms – Facebook and Twitter operate differently and therefore, your engagement strategies on each should be unique and different from each other. Customize the content based on the target audience.
- Encourage offline members to onboard your community – There are several ways to get non-members join your community. A donation to a cause or charity of your choice is one way of achieving the same.
- Deal with negative comments in a constructive manner – When confronted with negative comments, you should keep emotions out in your words and respond gently in a constructive manner. You can also take the conversation offline to resolve the conflict.
Social media provides an excellent medium to boost retention by engaging customers in real-time through various technology mediums. You should make the best possible use of this opportunity!
For more information on Social Media Marketing and SEO services in Dallas Tx, call us at - (972) 375-9654.