The concept of Parallax has emerged as one of the most popular web design trends, allowing the users to experience an all new interactive height of online viewing. Web developers and designers are constantly looking for techniques to keep the users hooked to their websites through increased functionality and appealing visuals. Keeping in line with this, parallax design has held its position as the leading edge in virtual experience.
What is Parallax Design?
The term ‘Parallax’ originated from the visual effects used in the 2D video games that incorporated different speeds for the movement of background images. This helped to create an illusion of depth while playing the game. It was usually done by making the background of the game move a bit slower than the front in order to make it appear farther away. The same concept is used for parallax web designing in which the background scrolls down at a different speed than the rest of the page.
A parallax design can help a website to:
- Amaze visitors with the animation and page depth
- Make page visits last longer by inspiring users to scroll down till the end of the page
- Incorporate a story telling style to guide visitors from first to last page of the website
- Direct visitors for call-to-action
- Provoke user’s curiosity
- Boost website’s credibility and interactive viewing experience
Important Considerations While Creating Parallax Design Website
- Load Time: Internet users generally have a short span of attention. If your website takes too much time to load, the visitors will eventually lose interest, no matter how creatively it has been designed. If you are considering a parallax design, you might need to compromise a bit on the load time of your website.
- Usability: You must also consider the usability of parallax design for your website. For instance, it works well with websites that are just a platform to introduce the company or how the users can contact them. However, websites that intend to provide any information or sell something will repel their visitors with a parallax design. Also, if you expect visitors to visit your website again, repeatedly viewing the animations can eventually annoy them.
- SEO: As parallax design is not much responsive to be viewed on mobile devices, it is possible that such website might lose its search engine ranking. However, parallax designs, if wisely used, can yield high traffic and can also achieve good results in terms of SEO.
For more information, you can contact Centex Technologies at (855) 375-9654.
With more and more people browsing internet on their tablets and smartphones, it has become extremely important to design a website that works efficiently across multiple platforms. Few years ago, it was considered necessary to create a separate mobile based version of the website. However, the whole process was much time consuming and costly. The recent concept of Responsive Website Design (RWD) has come up as an easy solution to this problem.
A responsive website has the ability to adjust according to the screen size of the device on which it is being browsed. Such website is easy to maintain and also eliminates the need to formulate two different SEO plans for either one. Although one of the major advantages of a responsive design is auto adjustment of various website elements on different devices, responsive website designs can also be of great help in getting your website to rank higher among the search engine results.
Here are some of the SEO benefits of a responsive website design:
- One URL for one website: Having separate desktops and mobile versions of a website would essentially mean two different URLs to maintain. This caused a difficulty for the mobile versions to rank higher in SERPs. A responsive website, on the other hand, allows you to concentrate all your SEO efforts and link building towards a single URL. Additionally, you can use social shares for just one URL.
- Enhanced user experience: A responsive website design will make it easier for the users to find, read and share content. If the visitors are browsing your website on a mobile, they should easily navigate through your website content just as a desktop user. Also, whenever a user visits your website through a social media link - whether on a laptop, tablet or mobile- the content will be easy to read and navigate.
- Google rewards responsive websites: The search engine giant also gives preference to responsive websites when mobile users search for local businesses.Responsive design websites have the same URL and HTML as their desktop counterparts, making it easier for Google to search and index content.
- Reduces high bounce rate: A high bounce rate occurs when your website does not provide quality content, thus, lowering your ranking in SERPs. If the visitors are quickly leaving your website without navigating to any other page, it is an indicator that they are not getting relevant information. A responsive website design makes it easy for the users to search content by providing the same content as the desktop site, but in a well-designed manner.
We, at Centex Technologies, provide complete website designing services in Dallas, TX. For more information, feel free to call us at (972) 375 – 9654.