A slow loading website can be extremely harmful for a business. Instead of generating business, it might have negative effect on potential customers as they can get frustrated waiting for pages to show up. A website that loads fast plays an important role in generating leads and converting visitors into customers. It has been observed that if a website does not load within 8 to 10 seconds, there are higher chances that the users will abandon the website. This is true both for the desktop and mobile websites.
Given here are some tips that can help to reduce your website’s load time:
- Optimize HTML Code: Make sure that your website has a light interface and takes minimal load time. For this, there should not be any unnecessary tags and broken links. Also, remove any links that redirect the users to an error page.
- Compress Images: Although high definition images can enhance the overall look of your website, it can severely increase its load time. Try to limit the use of images as far as possible. If images are necessary, make sure you compress their size so that they do not take much time to load.
- Enable Browser Caching: When a user visits your website, the elements on each page will be stored on user’s system in the form of cache. This way, the browser does not have to send another HTTP request the next time your website is accessed from the same device. This will also help to reduce its load time.
- Simplify Design And Layout: Try to keep the interface and design of your website as simple as possible. Including too many graphics ad buttons can make your website load much slower.
- Eliminate Unnecessary Plugins: Using excessive plugins in your website can increase its load time, create security threats and can even lead to crashes or other technical problems. To avoid this, you should selectively disable all the unnecessary plugins and then measure the performance of your website.
Centex Technologies provides efficient website designing solutions to the businesses in Dallas, TX. We aim at creating user friendly websites with maximum usability and minimum load time. For more information, you can call us at (972) 375 – 9654.