The concept of Parallax has emerged as one of the most popular web design trends, allowing the users to experience an all new interactive height of online viewing. Web developers and designers are constantly looking for techniques to keep the users hooked to their websites through increased functionality and appealing visuals. Keeping in line with this, parallax design has held its position as the leading edge in virtual experience.
What is Parallax Design?
The term ‘Parallax’ originated from the visual effects used in the 2D video games that incorporated different speeds for the movement of background images. This helped to create an illusion of depth while playing the game. It was usually done by making the background of the game move a bit slower than the front in order to make it appear farther away. The same concept is used for parallax web designing in which the background scrolls down at a different speed than the rest of the page.
A parallax design can help a website to:
- Amaze visitors with the animation and page depth
- Make page visits last longer by inspiring users to scroll down till the end of the page
- Incorporate a story telling style to guide visitors from first to last page of the website
- Direct visitors for call-to-action
- Provoke user’s curiosity
- Boost website’s credibility and interactive viewing experience
Important Considerations While Creating Parallax Design Website
- Load Time: Internet users generally have a short span of attention. If your website takes too much time to load, the visitors will eventually lose interest, no matter how creatively it has been designed. If you are considering a parallax design, you might need to compromise a bit on the load time of your website.
- Usability: You must also consider the usability of parallax design for your website. For instance, it works well with websites that are just a platform to introduce the company or how the users can contact them. However, websites that intend to provide any information or sell something will repel their visitors with a parallax design. Also, if you expect visitors to visit your website again, repeatedly viewing the animations can eventually annoy them.
- SEO: As parallax design is not much responsive to be viewed on mobile devices, it is possible that such website might lose its search engine ranking. However, parallax designs, if wisely used, can yield high traffic and can also achieve good results in terms of SEO.
For more information, you can contact Centex Technologies at (855) 375-9654.