In an interesting feature introduced by Google, business owners can now merge their Google Plus business page with their Google Places listing. While this may sound a little confusing because of the similar names, it is actually as simple as merging any of your social network profiles with your Google Places listings. This means that whenever anyone views your listing on Google Places, you can further market your business through your Google Plus business page. Interestingly, Google allows you to merge only if you have a physical address where you service your customers. Here is a step-by-step guideline on how to carry out this merge:
- The first step is to of course, create a new Google Plus page if you don’t already have one. Start by clicking on the Google+ link at the far left of your Google account. Next, click on the Pages icon, and then on “Create New Page”.
- It is important to select the “Local Business or Place” in the next page that pops up, since you shall not be able to merge unless you choose this option.
- Pay special attention while entering your phone number. You want to make sure that it is a local phone number, and the same one as is listed on your Google Places profile.
- Upon entering the same phone number as that in your listing, you will see a pop-up from Google saying that it has found a matching phone number. This should be your Google Places listing.
- Next, click on this listing and enter your actual business name and website, and then click on continue.
- The final step is to click on the “Verify Now” button, and finally on the blue “Request postcard” button. This is the only option for Google Places-Google Plus merges.
- The postcard usually takes around 7-10 days to arrive. Once you receive it, you need to click the “Enter PIN” button to complete the verification. You can request another PIN if you do not receive the postcard in 14 days.
- Once your Google Places listing is merged with your Google Plus business page, you can make the most of this merge by uploading a cover image, writing a longer business description, and including links. Add to this your reviews and social updates all being listed on one page, and you have the much-needed competitive edge for your business.
Centex Technologies provide SEO, Google Places Optimization and Internet Marketing Services to its clients across Dallas and Killeen areas in Texas. Call Centex Technologies today at (972) 375-9654.