Creating a website’s landing page involves much more than simply designing a template and putting up a download or email subscription form. There should be a seamless combination of informative and influential content, an attractive offer as well as a visually appealing design. Optimizing your landing pages correctly can increase your conversion rate significantly. The ultimate goal should be to generate leads, increase profits and ROI for your business.
Given here are a few important tips that can help to improve your landing page conversions:
- Improve Congruence: While optimizing your landing page, make sure that you offer exactly what the users are likely to expect. You should not use your website’s home page as the landing page. This is because the home page provides a general introduction to your business. However, the traffic driven through paid ads or organic search results should find information relevant to the message they initially clicked on.
- Focus On Headlines And Content: A well phrased headline can greatly influence the success of your landing page. It reassures the visitors that they have been directed to the right page, thus, encouraging them to find out more. The content should be catchy, relevant, short and able to fulfill the intent of the page. You should provide a few sentences stating the idea behind the page and why the visitors should use your products or services.
- Relevant Form Fields: There should be a fine balance between the information asked in the form field and your call-to-action. The lengthier your form is, lesser will be users’ interest in filling it out. You should try to keep your form fields to a minimum, including only the mandatory information such as name, contact number or email address. If you want to include additional fields, keep them as optional to avoid losing leads.
- Test Call To Action Button: A visible and well-designed call-to-action button is important to guide users to the next step. It should be placed at an optimum position on the landing page, without requiring the user to scroll down. You can try and test different phrases, such as ‘Sign Up’, ‘Request A Quote’, ‘Buy Now’ or ‘Contact Us’ according to your business objectives.
- Include A Reason To Act: Creating a sense of urgency gives your users a reason to convert. For instance, if you are offering a time bound sale or deal, put it up in the headline or other prominent location on the landing page. The more urgency you create, higher will be your conversion rate.
We, at Centex Technologies, can help you optimize your website’s landing pages effectively. For more information, you can call us at (972) 375 – 9654.
The landing page of your website is your chance to strike the right first impression on prospective clients and customers. Most users decide whether they want to stay on a website or leave it, within the first few seconds of landing on it. An ideal landing page is one that not just manages to convince users to stay on your website, but also encourages them to convert and share socially. The major problems in landing pages from an SEO standpoint are: mismatch with keyword searched for by user, inability to grasp attention, and poor conversion patterns. The following tips guide you on how to create landing pages that actually work:
- The most important step to landing page improvement from a search perspective is setting relevant keywords to landing pages. Not only do you need to rank high for the right keywords in search engines, but you also need to ensure that you are ranking the right landing pages.
- The integration of Rank Tracker with Google Analytics allows you to analyze the amount of traffic coming to your target landing page, as well as bounce rates. It is important to track the landing pages that rank for different keywords, since quite often, the landing page that you try to rank might be different from the one that search engines prefer for the same keywords.
- The next step is to ensure that your landing pages have what it takes to keep users engaged. You can work on this by leveling up the content of your landing pages. You can determine if users find your landing page engaging. It is also helpful to analyze user comments, shares, and feedbacks.
- Pay attention to the design and layout of your landing page. The layout should be user-friendly and intuitive, preferably with visuals, short videos, pictograms, and screenshots to make navigation easy.
- Building funnels for bundles of landing pages can help to identify unexpected flaws. It is advisable to analyze various landing page-registration page combinations through this method.
- Finally, remember to diversify your landing page content based on the level of awareness of your users. The landing page should have content to grasp users who have no previous knowledge as well as avid users.
Just remember that landing page optimization is a continuous process. There is always a scope for improvement when it comes to landing pages- the key remains to keep working on your landing pages consistently and proactively.