Creating a website’s landing page involves much more than simply designing a template and putting up a download or email subscription form. There should be a seamless combination of informative and influential content, an attractive offer as well as a visually appealing design. Optimizing your landing pages correctly can increase your conversion rate significantly. The ultimate goal should be to generate leads, increase profits and ROI for your business.
Given here are a few important tips that can help to improve your landing page conversions:
- Improve Congruence: While optimizing your landing page, make sure that you offer exactly what the users are likely to expect. You should not use your website’s home page as the landing page. This is because the home page provides a general introduction to your business. However, the traffic driven through paid ads or organic search results should find information relevant to the message they initially clicked on.
- Focus On Headlines And Content: A well phrased headline can greatly influence the success of your landing page. It reassures the visitors that they have been directed to the right page, thus, encouraging them to find out more. The content should be catchy, relevant, short and able to fulfill the intent of the page. You should provide a few sentences stating the idea behind the page and why the visitors should use your products or services.
- Relevant Form Fields: There should be a fine balance between the information asked in the form field and your call-to-action. The lengthier your form is, lesser will be users’ interest in filling it out. You should try to keep your form fields to a minimum, including only the mandatory information such as name, contact number or email address. If you want to include additional fields, keep them as optional to avoid losing leads.
- Test Call To Action Button: A visible and well-designed call-to-action button is important to guide users to the next step. It should be placed at an optimum position on the landing page, without requiring the user to scroll down. You can try and test different phrases, such as ‘Sign Up’, ‘Request A Quote’, ‘Buy Now’ or ‘Contact Us’ according to your business objectives.
- Include A Reason To Act: Creating a sense of urgency gives your users a reason to convert. For instance, if you are offering a time bound sale or deal, put it up in the headline or other prominent location on the landing page. The more urgency you create, higher will be your conversion rate.
We, at Centex Technologies, can help you optimize your website’s landing pages effectively. For more information, you can call us at (972) 375 – 9654.