The landing page of your website is your chance to strike the right first impression on prospective clients and customers. Most users decide whether they want to stay on a website or leave it, within the first few seconds of landing on it. An ideal landing page is one that not just manages to convince users to stay on your website, but also encourages them to convert and share socially. The major problems in landing pages from an SEO standpoint are: mismatch with keyword searched for by user, inability to grasp attention, and poor conversion patterns. The following tips guide you on how to create landing pages that actually work:
- The most important step to landing page improvement from a search perspective is setting relevant keywords to landing pages. Not only do you need to rank high for the right keywords in search engines, but you also need to ensure that you are ranking the right landing pages.
- The integration of Rank Tracker with Google Analytics allows you to analyze the amount of traffic coming to your target landing page, as well as bounce rates. It is important to track the landing pages that rank for different keywords, since quite often, the landing page that you try to rank might be different from the one that search engines prefer for the same keywords.
- The next step is to ensure that your landing pages have what it takes to keep users engaged. You can work on this by leveling up the content of your landing pages. You can determine if users find your landing page engaging. It is also helpful to analyze user comments, shares, and feedbacks.
- Pay attention to the design and layout of your landing page. The layout should be user-friendly and intuitive, preferably with visuals, short videos, pictograms, and screenshots to make navigation easy.
- Building funnels for bundles of landing pages can help to identify unexpected flaws. It is advisable to analyze various landing page-registration page combinations through this method.
- Finally, remember to diversify your landing page content based on the level of awareness of your users. The landing page should have content to grasp users who have no previous knowledge as well as avid users.
Just remember that landing page optimization is a continuous process. There is always a scope for improvement when it comes to landing pages- the key remains to keep working on your landing pages consistently and proactively.
15. January 2012 06:54
The landing page is the first page of your website that web surfers come in contact with once they are either directed from some other link or they type in browser to visit your website. A single website can have multiple landing pages depending on their marketing campaigns. The importance of this page cannot be underestimated as it is the first direct contact that potential customers have with your brand or company. A favorable impression at this stage can be instrumental in helping convert user interest to a sale. Many websites do not pay much attention to coming up with a unique and captivating design template for their landing page the result being dwindling customers and lost sales. There are several tips that can help you design a landing page that is a hit with customers and incites them to explore your website further. Some of them have been specified below:
- Choosing the right colors for your landing page is of paramount importance as colors can be vital to ensure the interest of your customers. Each color is said to convey a different psychological message and elicit a unique emotional response. The colors for your landing page should not be chosen on a hit and trial basis rather they must be the result of careful analysis of the kind of response that you wish to evoke from visitors.
- Apart from choosing the right colors, the design of your landing page needs to be completely clutter-free and simple. Too many elements in the form of graphics or moving textual content tend to create confusion in the minds of visitors and can be a big turn off. It is best to stick to a safe design with a clean template.
- There should be a minimum number of buttons listed on your landing page so that visitors are not bombarded with multiple options. Having to choose between different buttons can be quite frustrating as visitors try to figure out how to proceed to the next step. Each element that is clickable should feature a one-word explanation regarding where it is bound to lead.
- The most important aspect of good website designing is to stick to a single template or layout for each page on your website. Using different layouts for successive webpages can look tacky and unsophisticated.
We at Centex Technologies provide website design and development solutions. For more information, you can call us at our Killeen (254-213-4740) or Dallas (972-375-9654) Office.
Dallas Website Design - Dallas Internet Marketing