Rapid advancements in every field are giving birth to numerous new technology buzzwords regularly. Basic understanding of these technological terms assists you in keeping abreast with the current changes.
Stay ahead of upcoming trends with this guide on important technology buzzwords:
- 5G: It is defined as the next generation of cellular network technology and is one of the most trending buzzwords. It offers faster speed & reliable connections on mobile devices and even home networks.
- 8K: A beginning to new era of picture quality. It refers to TV’s overall resolution of 7,680 x 4,230 pixels and is a step up from the current 4K resolution that will elevate home entertainment experience.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): It is a term used to define machines that display human like intelligence by using machine learning to perform tasks such as cooking, driving, etc. They have the ability to make decisions through capturing & analyzing data in their environment.
- Virtual Reality (VR): A VR encompasses user’s senses to create a digital world through headsets or eyewear. It has become a promising trend in gaming & entertainment industry.
- Augmented Reality (AR): In this technology, real world objects are superimposed with computer generated images like graphics, sounds and touch feedback.
- X Reality (XR): It is a cross over between both augmented and virtual reality with widespread applications in architecture, medicine, healthcare etc. It allows content creators to create common content for users of AR & VR headsets.
- Organic LED (OLED): An organic light-emitting diode emits visible light in response to electric current so that pixels can light-up independently. The result is that OLED screens display pictures that are brighter and have better contrast levels.
- Wearable: They are smart electronic devices with micro-controllers that can be worn as implants or accessories. It stays on the body to perform a particular task like sensing heart rate or keeping a track of your fitness.
- Eye-Tracking: It is a sensor based technology that makes possible for a device to know where a person is looking. It basically detects reflections in both the pupils and cornea.
- Ray-Tracing: It calculates the color of pixels by tracing the path that light would take to create realistic lighting effects. Applications include home computer gaming and developing computer graphics imagery for films and TV shows.
- Biometric: It measures people’s unique physical and behavioral characteristics. The technology uses an aspect of your body like thumbprint or face to authenticate yourself or for unlocking a personal device.
- Haptics: Technology of adding sensation of touch and feeling to VR via vibration or by exuding pressure to make virtual objects seem real and tangible.
For more information on latest technology trends and how to incorporate them in your business, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654. We are located in Dallas, Killeen, Atlanta and Austin.
Healthcare industry is moving towards preventive care solutions with the help of technological advancements. Digital innovative platforms like information systems and wearable devices are rapidly growing in health care market. Also, new technological trends like big data and healthcare analytics are gaining momentum. These advancements aim at achieving universal healthcare by making medical facilities accessible and affordable for everybody.
Technology trends that will potentially dominate healthcare industry in coming years are:
- Primary Healthcare: The industry is focusing on quality improvement techniques to enhance primary care based on accessibility and equity. This will promote good health among a wide range of people regardless of their age, socio-economic status or geographic origin. Primary care revolves around prevention and patient education for longer & healthier lives. New technologies such as mobile apps that track calories, sleep pattern & fitness plans for improved health cycle are being widely used for educating patients.
- Artificial Intelligence: Healthcare industry is employing artificial intelligence systems like IBM Watson for enhancing care management, drug discovery, managing patients for clinical trials, etc. Numerous other robotic and machine learning systems are being introduced in the healthcare sector as they offer attractive & valuable applications like image processing to detect abnormalities, robot assisted surgery, virtual nursing assistants and administrative assistance.
- Blockchain: The technology is gaining popularity in health care industry because of its ability to secure data and protect it from breaches. Blockchain will facilitate the health care providers to manage endless data including patient health information, insurance claims, and electronic health records in a hassle free manner. Also, it will increase transparency between pharmaceutical industry and customers by enhancing drug traceability to prevent fake drugs.
- Guiding Patients: Digital health tools like chatbots and companion robots have made healthcare accessible and convenient. They assist the patients in a humane way by addressing their needs. Chatbots make it possible for patients living in remote and rural areas to benefit from telemedicine projects and consult a doctor sitting far off through online channels. On the other hand, companion robots reduce workload of professionals like nurses & helping staff to save time and money.
- Advance Analytics: Adoption of predictive analytics across hospitals have made it easier to analyze large amount of patient’s data. The analytic tools are capable of identifying genetic factors related to chronic diseases like cancer and spotting individuals with elevated risks of developing these diseases. This plays a key role in formulating preventive medicine programs, providing appropriate treatment as early as possible, reducing the chances of high-cost lengthy treatments and admission costs.
For more information on how medical establishments can benefit from advanced IT solutions, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.