Hospitality industry is an umbrella term that includes lodging, food & drinks, event planning, theme parks, and transportation. The industry requires human-to-human interactions to maintain its operations. However, the spread of COVID-19 has caused a shift in the way humans interact with each other. In order to attract tourists and visitors, the hospitality industry needs to reassure the guests that their visit will be compatible with minimal social interaction and human contact.
This has given rise to the need for employing robots in the hospitality sector. Here are some ways in which robots can be used to suffice the needs of the hospitality industry:
- Hotel Management: It is a major part of the hospitality sector. Hotel management involves numerous tasks such as concierge, front desk, room service, cloaking, etc. These tasks require human interactions. However, robots can be used to efficiently complete these tasks while avoiding the need for human contact.
- Touch Less Check-in: Due to the growing need for no-touch technology, hotels are required to adopt new ways of facilitating check-in for the guests. Robotic technology can be used to incorporate convenient options such as fingerprints or iris & face detection instead of room keys.
- Bookings: Chatbots are commonly being used by many hotel chains and travel companies to assist their customers in completing simple tasks such as making online reservations. However, COVID-19 spread has given rise to the need for making use of robots for in-person bookings as well.
- Assistance: It is expected for the guests to be highly curious and vigilant about their travel and stay after COVID-19. Robots can be used as assistants at airports and hotels to assist visitors with their queries about safety, travel, ongoing events, etc. The robot assistants can also help the visitors by escorting them to their rooms.
- Serving Food: Taking order and serving food to guests at a restaurant or hotel requires close human interaction. Service robots can help the hospitality sector in combating this issue. These robots are capable of face and voice recognition to remember the order and deliver food to the concerned guest.
- Customer Satisfaction: In order to improve profits after COVID-19, hospitality managers are required to find ways for improving customer satisfaction for attracting a larger number of guests. Robots integrated with AI can be of immense help to the managers. They can be used to understand a guest’s behavior by tracking his history of bookings, type of services availed in the past, etc. The robots can use different software to recognize a guest and deliver customized services based on his behavioral history.
- Security: Security checking at hotels and airports is essential to ensure the safety of guests. Security robots equipped with features such as autonomous detection of concealed weapons can be used to make the guests feel more secure. These robots will enable the hospitality industry to conduct security checks without the need of individual checking by human security staff.
For more information on need of robots in hospitality service, call Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.