21. January 2020 17:39
A smart application is an software that uses data from user interactions (historical and real-time) for providing actionable insights for better user experience. The insights may be in the form of recommendations, estimates or suggestions to complete a task. A common example of smart applications is retail apps that provide product suggestions to the user based upon previous buying behavior and choices made by the user.
As a business owner, following are the reasons why you should consider to invest in smart applications:
- Operationalize Data: If you are investing your resources for collecting data related to your customers, it will hold no value if this data is not used. Smart applications operationalize the information collected by your data scientists. These applications utilize this information to provide insights to customers and systems for helping them take profitable actions. For example, a smart app utilizes data about the buying history of a user to provide a list of your products that may garner user interest and improve the chances of a sale. This leads to desired outcomes that support your business goals.
- Improve Operational Efficiency: Smart applications are also available for machines, not only human users. Machine-to-machine smart applications can be paired with event-driven architecture for automating the operational processes based on real-time insights. This helps in improving the operational efficiency of an organization.
- New Business Models: Smart applications can be used to analyze data for providing predictive insights for developing more productive business models. The model is based on extensive user data, market research, and thorough analysis. The smart app helps the organization in predicting the results of a business model before investing resources for its implementation.
- Dynamic & Evolving: As new data, insights, and user feedback are collected regularly; the data scientists and developers use this newly acquired information for continuously evolving the smart application. Thus, the smart application is able to provide relevant insights based on real-time data. Also, smart apps have a loosely coupled microservices-based architecture. This makes it easier to implement changes and support continuous evolution.
Undoubtedly, it has become important to adapt smart applications for your business. However, here are some points to be considered before making a decision:
- Do you have robust data practices? Smart applications are data-driven. Thus, an organization requires robust data practices for finding actionable information from a large amount of data.
- Do you imply an agile methodology? For running a smart application, it is important for both data scientists and developers to adopt an agile methodology. Thus, make sure that your data scientists must be able to analyze data and update the algorithms regularly. Also, your developers need to continuously update the smart app.
For more information about next generation smart applications, call Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.