18. October 2019 12:32
Most of the employees at workplace connect their mobile devices to secure corporate networks. The trend is gaining popularity as it offers flexibility and convenience. However, this has given rise to concerns over security, privacy and connectivity. With the rapid adoption of BYOD culture by organizations, there is a requirement for more dynamic security solutions. Without a MDM (mobile device management) software, business information on lost or stolen devices will not be secured and can lead to loss of data. Also, personal devices used by employees have increased exposure to malware and viruses that could compromise confidential data.
This results in a rise in number of incidents involving data breach and hacking. Such events are detrimental for a company’s reputation among customers and other business partners. As there is an increase in corporate cyber-attacks, businesses are seeing the value of comprehensive MDM solutions.
Mobile device management is a system that is designed for IT administrators to secure policies, permission rights and applications across multiple platforms. It enables easy monitoring of all mobile devices to safeguard all business applications and credential assets. The organizations, through MDM software, can have complete control over their data.
For effective results, MDM solutions should be executed effectively. Essential criteria for successful MDM solution are:
- Enforcement of security policies and passwords
- 24/7 monitoring and fully manageable
- Cloud-based system (to have automatic updates)
- Remote configuration and monitoring
- Restricting access to specific data and applications through Geo-fencing
- Remote data wiping to prevent unauthorized access
- Data restoration facility for corporate data
- Rooting alerts for any attempts to bypass restrictions
- Logging for compliance purposes
- Remote disabling of unauthorized devices
- Scalable – to accommodate new users and sophisticated devices
- Device troubleshooting
- Device location tracking
Other factors to be considered while implementing MDM solutions are:
- Architecture: MDM software should be implemented depending upon the preferences of an individual business. Even with the increase in cloud services and infrastructure; organizations still have some systems that are run in their own data centers. In this case, solutions are required for on-site, cloud and hybrid options.
- Direction: MDM solutions should be opted by a company depending upon the development of the enterprise. It should best fit current and future needs of the business.
- Integration: It is essential for MDM solutions to comply with the existing security and management controls of the business. The right software will enhance both security and efficiency, enabling IT administrators to monitor and control from a single access point.
For more information about Mobile Device Management, call Centex Technologies at (972) 375-9654.