24. March 2020 09:22
5G is the fifth-generation mobile network. 5G offers greater download/upload speeds and reduced latency. Some other features of the 5G data network include increased traffic and seamless tech integration. Such features of the 5G data network facilitate it to play a great role in the success of business organizations.
In addition to these benefits, following are the roles that 5G can play in business growth:
- Intelligent IoT: Greater speed offered by 5G is expected to bring an increase in the number of intelligent IoT devices. 5G will provide better data insight and enhance infrastructure diagnose systems to improve the performance of IoT device networks.
- Remote Working: An increasing number of organizations are planning to inculcate remote working culture to improve the productivity of their business. However, slower network speeds and technology restraints have acted as a hurdle in the practical implementation of remote work culture. High data network speed allows seamless AR, VR and connectivity experience for integration of remote workers via quality conference calls, video streaming, etc. to create flexible office spaces.
- Rural Innovation: 5G will enable the government to connect the rural communities for generating opportunities for rural businesses. Alternatively, this will help established businesses in reaching out to a new customer base set in rural areas. 5G will enable marketing professionals in analyzing customer data, demographics, campaign results, and data product performance.
- Network Slicing: Network slicing allows the creation of multiple virtual networks on top of a common shared physical infrastructure. In the case of 5G, multiple virtual networks created from a single physical network can support different Radio Access Networks (RAN). This will allow businesses to set up a network as per their business goals. Businesses can provide an end-to-end virtual system encompassing networking, computing and storage functions.
- Manufacturing: Some common problems being faced by manufacturing companies across the world are timely product delivery, product complexity, skill drain, and process intricacy. 5G will assist manufacturing businesses in automating the processes to achieve process efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
- Retail: 5G offers improved connectivity resulting in a better retail experience. Retailers can make use of AR technology to provide additional information about their products. It will also facilitate services such as retail apps to attract customers and increase in-store as well as online sales.
- Transportation: 5G network will facilitate the usage of self-driving vehicles. Driverless delivery vehicles will enable businesses in ensuring timely and efficient delivery of products.
For more information about 5G internet and its utilities, call Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.
A covert channel attack is initiated by using an existing information channel to transfer objects from one source to another without the knowledge of the user. Since the system or information channel was not originally built for such communication or conveyance of information, hackers transfer the data in small bits to keep the attack unnoticed.
The data is embedded in the free space available in a data stream without affecting the main body of information being transferred. The space used for creating a covert channel may be the free space left within the padding or other parts of the network data packets. Usually, only 1-2 bits of covert data stream are added to one data packet which makes it difficult to detect the attack. As the original data is not tampered, the covert receiver can receive information from the system without creating a data trail.
Covert channels are of two types:
- Covert Time Channel- The processing of signal information of a network channel by manipulating own system resources which affects real response time observed by the original network.
- Covert Storage Channel- Direct or indirect embedding of data to a storage location by a system & direct or indirect reading of this data by another system at a different security level.
Using DNS As A Covert Channel
To create a covert channel, attacker installs a malware or specially designed program on the victim’s system via malicious links or by using remote administration to alter its DNS. An altered DNS is configured to serve random text in addition to website information. It behaves normally under usual conditions, but acts as per the covert channel program for a special domain. The flow of information between DNS & malware follows the normal client-server architecture. The malware plays the role of second component of covert channel. It sends DNS requests which look legitimate. The compromised DNS responds to these requests with hidden key information. Covert receiver extracts this hidden information. Thus, a covert channel uses a fully functional authorized system to transfer unauthorized information in a secretive manner.
Covert channel attacks make use of simple forums like a file or time used for computation, which makes it difficult to identify these attacks. Two techniques that are commonly used for detection of covert channels are analyzing the resources of a system and vigilance of the source code.
For more information on tips to secure your computer network, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.