22. September 2020 12:55
IT has a major impact on the way a business operates. However, IT trends keep evolving in an unexpected fashion. As the new stage of digital evolution knocks on our doors in 2020, the new IT trends such as emotionally intelligent interfaces and hyper-intuitive cognitive capabilities promise to transform businesses in unpredictable ways. New IT trends open new opportunities for businesses to expand their market and user base.
Here is a list of business IT trends of 2020 to help you architect business systems that are designed to respond to new age IT trends:
- Artificial Intelligence: AI is not a new trend but it keeps widening its parameters. AI has now found applications in different fields of business operations. The latest AI business trends include smart assistants, chatbots and self driving cars. In 2020, AI can be experienced in every digital market; from cybersecurity to healthcare.
- Edge Computing: With an increase in the number of devices connected to the internet and each other, there has been an increase in demand on server infrastructure. The demand is even higher for video camera-based services that require constant video streaming. This has laid the pathway for edge computing. Edge computing is a computing network where computing is done at or near the data source to reduce the processing time. Video providers can benefit from this trend for reducing server costs and adding core functionalities that were not previously possible.
- Autonomous Vehicles: While it may take some time for the autonomous vehicles to carve a niche in the market, they seem to be a promising upcoming trend in B2B and consumer markets. This trend is sure to have an impact on the way automobile businesses operate as they will have new investment opportunities such as manufacturing of autonomous vehicles and developing new services/features that cater to health, entertainment, comfort, and productivity of the person being driven in the autonomous vehicle.
- 5G: 5G is being hailed as the base of new business revolution due to the speed and capabilities it promises. It has led to new investment opportunities for carriers and mobile device manufacturers. Additionally, it promises to enhance the surfing capabilities of the users thus, allowing businesses to offer applications with more features, plug-ins and usability.
For more information on Web Applications for enterprises, call Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.
30. September 2019 14:46
As technology is evolving rapidly, it has enabled a faster change and greater progress in the IT industry. The disruptive technological trends like interconnected humans, robots, devices, content and services driven by them have become an integral part of modern IT applications.
Some of the major technology disruptors revolutionizing the IT industry are:
- Robotic Process Automation (RPA): It is an emerging form of automation technology that uses software with artificial intelligence and machine learning capabilities. RPA is used to perform high-volume repetitive tasks that awere earlier done by humans. The RPA robots utilize the user interface to capture data and manipulate applications like humans do.
- Internet of Things (IoT): IoT enables devices, home appliances, cars, etc. to be virtually connected and exchange data over the internet. The connected devices share data that they collect and take instructions from multiple sources which may or may not be in close proximity. Proper use of IoT technology can enable optimized traffic system, efficient waste management, energy use, etc.
- Cloud Computing: The major part of the IT industry relies on cloud computing, making it one of the most trending technologies. The range of cloud solutions & delivery models is widening and it now requires the cloud services to be more adaptable in different areas of activity. Majority of IT service providers are acquiring hybrid cloud solutions to speed up the service delivery.
- Blockchain: Blockchain technology has potential applications in almost every field. We have already witnessed use of blockchain applications in healthcare, IT, real estate, law enforcement, cryptocurrency, banking, etc.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): AI are computer programs that perform highly intelligent tasks, such as recognition of images, speech, patterns and complex decision making. Machine learning is a new branch of AI that is creating and enabling smart business operations with greater accuracy.
- Data Security: Cybersecurity is increasingly evolving due to technological advancements. As the threats are constantly arising and the hackers are finding better ways to illegally access information, technologies are required to enhance data security by incorporating hardware authentication, cloud technology and deep learning. This makes data security an emerging technology as it will constantly evolve to defend against intruders.
Implementation of modern technology in business operations, marketing, customer care, etc. can increase productivity of an organization. For more information about various trending technologies and how they can be applied within your organization, call Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.