17. September 2018 06:13
Intelligent Personal Assistant (IPAs) as the name suggests is an automated mobile software agent that performs certain tasks as per an individual’s command. Most of these commands are performed on the basis of user input & location awareness.
IPAs are usually embedded in smart phones and other computing devices. They are highly convenient and accessible, which is why the market for Intelligent Personal Assistants is rapidly expanding. As per Statista, the market revenue projections of this industry are projected to be over 17 billion in 2022.
Let us discuss about some most common IPAs that are quite prevalent in the market these days:
- Siri – Launched by Apple in 2011, Siri helps you manage your tasks smoothly in a hassle free manner. From setting a reminder, searching up certain information, downloading a file to calling a friend or relative, Siri can do it all for you based on the commands you give it.
- Google Now – Google entered this market on its Android 4.1 “Jelly Bean” operating platform. Google now is backed up with the largest search engine of the world and can sneak the information stored on Gmail and google accounts to respond to user queries. It has answers to all your queries about places, routes, weather, flight status etc. The personal assistant allows you to view information that can be translated in over 100 languages. Just say “Ok Google” and your command, your google assistant will perform that task.
- Cortana – It is an intelligent personal assistant developed by Microsoft which was released in early 2014. Named after an AI character in the Halo game series, it was originally created for Windows phone 8.1. Also, it is supported by Microsoft’s Bing search engine. So apart from performing activities like other IPAs, Cortana is designed to personalize user experiences.
- Alexa – Developed by Amazon, Alexa is a virtual assistant that is capable of voice interactions, setting alarms, streaming podcasts, providing real-time information and what not. It can control several smart devices in the home automation space.
Other Commonly Used IPAs
- Braina Virtual Assistant
Benefits Of Using IPAs
- Voice recognized IPAs are extremely useful for elderly or visually impaired people.
- They understand user patterns, habits and choices on the basis of commands and searches made, thereby allowing maximum personalization.
- Have access to large database, thus providing you whatever information you want in a fraction of seconds by scanning information available on search engine databases.
- Have closely connected & integrated humans with technology.
- Enhanced productivity by making processes easier and hassle free.
- Natural data interface allows you to make your queries by typing or speaking naturally. You can literally ‘talk’ to them.
In general most IPAs have the ability to extract information such as weather conditions, traffic congestion, news, retail prices etc. from the web. So the next time you need some information, you know your intelligent personal assistant has your back.
For more information, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.