Moving critical healthcare data on the cloud helps the healthcare providers optimize data management and process workflows, promote interoperability and reduce operating costs. Healthcare cloud solutions also help in promoting patient education and engagement. As the patients can access their medical records, they can make their own health decisions.
However, before implementing healthcare cloud solutions, it is important to know following things:
What Is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is an internet based computer technology that utilizes web-based cloud storage to provide services to the users whenever and wherever they need them.
What Are The Benefits Healthcare Cloud Solutions?
The major advantages of healthcare cloud solutions are:
- Data backup
- Data storage
- Powerful server capabilities
- Incremented productivity
- Highly cost-effective and time-saving
- Software as a Service or SaaS
What Is A Cloud?
A cloud is an amalgamation of hardware, network, services, storage, and interfaces that help in delivering computing as a service. It has three nodes:
- End users
- Business management users
- Cloud service provider
What Are Different Types Of Models Of Cloud Solutions Available For Healthcare Industry?
Healthcare providers can choose from following models of cloud solutions:
- PaaS: This model provides a platform and environment to let the developers build apps and services over the internet.
- SaaS: Software as a service is a software distribution model in which third-party cloud service provider hosts applications and makes them accessible to customers over the internet.
- IaaS: Infrastructure as a service is a form of cloud computing that provides virtual computing resources over the internet.
- CaaS: Communications as a service is an outsourced interactions solution that can be leased from a single vendor over the web.
What Are The Types Of Data That Can Be Stored In Cloud Computing?
Healthcare professionals can use the cloud solutions for storing different types of patient data including personal health information, patient test results, medical history, diagnosis results, prescriptions, etc.
How Can Healthcare Providers Benefit From Cloud Solutions?
Cloud solutions offer multiple benefits to healthcare providers:
- More secure data backup and data storage
- Software as a service (SaaS)
- Take advantage of powerful server capabilities without hardware investment
- Platform and OS agnostic
- Better positioning for growth and scale
- Increased productivity
- Sandboxing and virtualization capabilities
For more information on implementing healthcare cloud solution, call Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.