23. November 2020 13:36
As the world is drifting through the time of COVID-19, business survival and sustenance has become a topic of concern for entrepreneurs around the globe. Business owners are adapting technological tools to ensure the safety of their employees, expedite information distribution, and maintain supply chain among other business operations.
Following are some examples of how technology plays a role in business survival during COVID-19:
- Facilitating Remote Services: Technologies such as VPN (Virtual Private Network), collaboration tools, cloud conferencing, video calling, etc. have facilitated businesses to encourage and manage remote services. Employees can easily work on projects from their home to continue smooth business operations. Project management tools allow businesses to work on team projects in a seamless environment.
- Ensuring Employee Health: For businesses, who are resuming operations at their physical location, employee health is a major concern. However, technology advancements such as full-body scanners and thermal imaging systems allow businesses to detect abnormal body temperatures to identify individuals with probable infection. This allows customer and employee screening for reducing the chances of spread of infection.
- Online Learning: Businesses involved in learning (educational as well as vocational) are taking advantage of technology for providing online learning experience. Conferencing tools such as Microsoft Teams, have built dedicated online learning platforms.
- Enabling Contactless Movements: Supply chain is an integral part of any business. It is required to procure raw materials or deliver tangible products/services to the customers. However, the fear of infection is highly prevalent during COVID-19. In this scenario, technology has facilitated contactless movements. It has helped in managing delivery channels as well as easy movement of employees. Self-driven vehicles, online payments, and digital wallets have helped in creating a contactless delivery ecosystem.
- Reaching New Customers: Building a customer base is the foundation of business survival. Digital marketing plays an important role in allowing businesses to reach out to new customers in a time where physical marketing is not possible. Creating relevant digital content and sharing it on digital platforms help businesses in conveying information about their products/services to a wide consumer base.
- Customer Service Responsibilities: Amid COVID-19, consumers have large number of queries related to business operations, revised policies, delivery options, payment modes, etc. Chatbots are helping businesses in providing automated responses to these queries. This allows businesses to manage the high flow of queries in an efficient manner. Some tools allow businesses to adopt an integrated approach where a human agent can step in, if a consumer needs special attention.
For more information on role of technology in business survival during COVID-19, call Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.