14. November 2018 14:55
Machine Learning (ML) is a technique of artificial intelligence that gives a computer system the ability to learn from data without being specifically programmed. The term machine learning was coined by Arthur Samuel in 1959. It builds algorithms that can learn from data and make data driven predictions on the basis of inputs made in the past. The computer, software as well as the device performs via cognition which works very similar to the human brain.
Here are some most common applications of Machine Learning that we make in everyday life:
- Virtual Personal Assistant: They act as your personal assistants and help you find information as demanded over voice. Machine learning is a vital part of these personal assistants as they collect, define and predict information on the basis of inputs made in the past. They start recognizing your preferences and show results accordingly.
- Traffic Predictions: Our current location is tracked through GPS navigation, which enables the server to predict current traffic. It will do a congestion analysis and let you know the way you should take to avoid being stuck in traffic. Also it estimates the areas which are more prone to traffic congestion on a daily basis.
- Online Transportation Network: Machine learning plays a major role when it comes to online transportation network. For example, it is only though this technique that when you book a cab, the app estimates price of the ride, minimizes the detours, predicts the price when the demand is high etc.
- Video Surveillance: Nowadays, video cameras are designed in a way that makes it possible to detect & prevent any crimes. Machine learning enabled system keeps a track of any unusual activity or behavior & alerts the human attendants if there is something suspicious to help in preventing it.
- Social Media Services: Social media platforms are also using machine learning. It is being used for effectively targeting ads, personalizing the news feed, recognizing the face when you upload your and a friend’s picture, suggesting people you may know on the basis of friends you connect to, profiles you visit, interests you share, etc.
- Online Customer Support: Websites nowadays give people an option to chat with their customer support representative or a chatbot while scrolling through it. The chatbot is able to understand user queries only due to the machine learning algorithms.
- Product Recommendations: Machine learning enables websites & apps to personalize the customer experience and make recommendations as per your taste. It understands the behavior, brand preferences and shows you the results accordingly.
- Online Fraud Detection: It has helped in increasing cyber security by tracking & preventing monetary frauds such as money laundering etc.
For more information about machine learning & its applications, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.
30. October 2018 15:40
Browser hijacking happens when a user’s web browser is modified by an unwanted malicious software without their permission. It is also known as browser redirect virus as it redirects the user from one browser to another that usually contains malware. It may place unwanted advertizements into the browser or replace existing home page with hijacker’s page. The hijacking software might also contain spyware to obtain user’s confidential information.
Common Examples Of Browser Hijacking
- Babylon Toolbar
- Ask Toolbar
- Coupon Servers
- TV Wizard
How Does Brower Hijacking Work?
Usually an application is installed on a user’s system that seems to be legitimate however, is not. The user is then fooled into agreeing for an additional download and when they install that application it further leads to browser hijacking. The information about browser hijacker software is presented in a way that confuses the user and they often end up installing it even though they are given an option to decline the download.
Browser Hijacking is usually done by spreading malware through email attachments containing malicious links, downloading infected files or visiting websites containing malware. It may also result from third party software, scripts and plug-ins, etc.
How Do You Know Your Browser Has Been Hijacked?
- When your searches are redirected to different websites.
- Web page loading is quite slow.
- There are multiple pop-up advertizement alerts.
- Numerous toolbars on the web browser which have not been installed by the user.
- Inability to access necessary data.
- Very less browser security.
- Sites being blocked.
- Web queries that fail to proceed through search engines.
How To Remove Browser Hijacking?
- Check out the authenticity of browser add-ons, plug-ins, extensions etc.
- Remove anything that seems suspicious or unnecessary from the system’s browser.
- Reset the browser settings to original default.
- Clear off the system’s Domain Name System (DNS) cache.
- Use browser hijacker removal tools
How To Prevent Browser Hijacking?
Following are some ways to prevent browser hijacking in the first place:
- Regularly update operating system (OS) as well as browser patches.
- Make sure that the browser software is updated with latest security features and are devoid of any vulnerabilities.
- Avoid clicking on emails & links sent by an untrusted source.
- Read all terms & conditions as well as end user licensing agreements before downloading any software.
- Install a good anti-virus software.
For more information about browser hijacking, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654. We are a leading technology consulting firm, which also provide IT support, Search Engine Optimization, Website Designing & Development services to their clients across the globe.
13. October 2018 13:38
Li-Fi i.e. Light Fidelity is a revolutionary wireless optical networking technology. It uses light-emitting diodes for data transmission. The LED light bulbs that have a chip that modulates light imperceptibly for optical data transmission. Data is transmitted by LED bulbs which is then received by photoreceptors. It is much more efficient & secure than typical wireless technologies.
The term LI-Fi was coined by Harald Hass, a professor from University Of Edinburgh during a TED talk in 2011. The primary difference between Wi-Fi and Li-Fi is that the former runs on radio waves whereas the latter uses light waves.
How Does It Work?
The intensity of light is modulated either by dimming it, turning it on and off at a very high speed to transmit data over Li-Fi. These changes are generally imperceptible to the human eye.
An LED with signal processing technology is fitted over an overhead lamp. The data which is embedded in its beam is streamed to the photo detector. The data is demodulated in electronic form by a dongle at the receiver’s node. It is then converted back into a data stream and transmitted to a computer or mobile device.
Li-Fi is 100 times faster than normal wireless technologies with a speed of 224 gigabytes per second under lab conditions.
Benefits Of Li-Fi
- Due to high speed, the data transfer rate for internet application is high.
- As light cannot pass through the walls & opaque surfaces, sending data through Li-Fi signal is highly secure. This is because Li-Fi internet is available to users within a room which thus prevents its unwanted access.
- It is highly efficient technology which consumes very less energy.
- Li-Fi devices consume very little power.
- Completely safe & has no health concerns associated with it as it operates on optical bands.
- Helps in avoiding neighboring network interference.
Applications Of Li-Fi
- Military – Li-Fi is highly secure even though it is confined to a small range which makes it ideal for military use in remote areas. It is does not require much physical infrastructure because all it needs is light.
- Underwater Communications – Radio waves cannot travel through water whereas light can. So it can be used by underwater vehicles & divers to communicate with each other under water.
- Augmented Reality – It is generally used in museums & galleries. Through this people can download or view information regarding the object being viewed from the light on their phone or camera.
- Safety Environment – Li-Fi can be extremely helpful to transfer data in explosion hazard environments where other electrical equipment’s are restricted.
- Intelligent Transportation Systems – LED lights are widely being used in car headlights these days. It is being used in traffic lights and also to develop anti-collision systems. It enables your car system to get real time information from the network.
So, the technology is based on visible light communication. With speed as much as 100 times faster in testing than other wireless technologies, it is a perfect fit for data requirements of future.
For more information, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.
29. September 2018 14:45
Law firms have always strived for an increase in efficiency as well as productivity. Big data analytics has helped them achieve this to some extent. It assists them in delivering quality services to their clients by helping them take complex strategic decisions.
Big data analytics helps lawyers digitize and derive meaningful conclusions from the data they collect each day such as precedents, advice, correspondence, court judgements, evidence discovery, witness records etc. Thus, it improves business operations by making things more organized & systematic.
Here are some ways in which big data can help legal businesses:
Business Development – Big data allows you to analyze raw information available on the servers to gain an insight about your business operations. It enables you to find out ways to better utilize internal as well as external data by adopting the right algorithms.
Big data helps law firms decide whether it would be profitable to take up a certain case or not based on a quick analysis of similar cases handled in the past. Also they can make an informed pricing decision to know whether taking up the case will generate enough profits or not. On the other hand, it can also be used to identify areas of market growth, spending behavior of consumers etc. in order to design a suitable business strategy for growth.
- Due Diligence - Big data helps in saving costs, time & effort required to perform due diligence. It has made it easy for legal businesses to search for important documents such as regulatory licenses, litigation history etc. from government registers, local as well as state & federal government websites. Big data allows companies to delve in to a detailed analysis which in turn has helped them understand how they can use the analysis to lower their costs substantially.
- Litigation Strategy – It has changed the way lawyers provide advice to their clients. With big data available at bay, lawyers try to understand the working pattern of an opposing lawyer. This is done by considering their area of specialization, previous litigation history, experience, settlement rate etc. This information helps law firms in designing a suitable case strategy. The analysis derived from this data enables them to determine decision making patterns, minimize frivolous litigations & provide useful insights to win the case.
Some Other Ways In Which Big Data Can Be Used Are:
- In identifying new clients
- Reducing operational costs
- Enables law firms to employ lawyers and staff
- To have better & easier access to information
Big data has helped legal businesses to analyze vast sets of data so that the outcomes can be predicted with greater certainty. This is the reason why, law firms are increasingly resorting to big data analytics to simplify & optimize their operations.
For more information, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.
17. September 2018 06:13
Intelligent Personal Assistant (IPAs) as the name suggests is an automated mobile software agent that performs certain tasks as per an individual’s command. Most of these commands are performed on the basis of user input & location awareness.
IPAs are usually embedded in smart phones and other computing devices. They are highly convenient and accessible, which is why the market for Intelligent Personal Assistants is rapidly expanding. As per Statista, the market revenue projections of this industry are projected to be over 17 billion in 2022.
Let us discuss about some most common IPAs that are quite prevalent in the market these days:
- Siri – Launched by Apple in 2011, Siri helps you manage your tasks smoothly in a hassle free manner. From setting a reminder, searching up certain information, downloading a file to calling a friend or relative, Siri can do it all for you based on the commands you give it.
- Google Now – Google entered this market on its Android 4.1 “Jelly Bean” operating platform. Google now is backed up with the largest search engine of the world and can sneak the information stored on Gmail and google accounts to respond to user queries. It has answers to all your queries about places, routes, weather, flight status etc. The personal assistant allows you to view information that can be translated in over 100 languages. Just say “Ok Google” and your command, your google assistant will perform that task.
- Cortana – It is an intelligent personal assistant developed by Microsoft which was released in early 2014. Named after an AI character in the Halo game series, it was originally created for Windows phone 8.1. Also, it is supported by Microsoft’s Bing search engine. So apart from performing activities like other IPAs, Cortana is designed to personalize user experiences.
- Alexa – Developed by Amazon, Alexa is a virtual assistant that is capable of voice interactions, setting alarms, streaming podcasts, providing real-time information and what not. It can control several smart devices in the home automation space.
Other Commonly Used IPAs
- Braina Virtual Assistant
Benefits Of Using IPAs
- Voice recognized IPAs are extremely useful for elderly or visually impaired people.
- They understand user patterns, habits and choices on the basis of commands and searches made, thereby allowing maximum personalization.
- Have access to large database, thus providing you whatever information you want in a fraction of seconds by scanning information available on search engine databases.
- Have closely connected & integrated humans with technology.
- Enhanced productivity by making processes easier and hassle free.
- Natural data interface allows you to make your queries by typing or speaking naturally. You can literally ‘talk’ to them.
In general most IPAs have the ability to extract information such as weather conditions, traffic congestion, news, retail prices etc. from the web. So the next time you need some information, you know your intelligent personal assistant has your back.
For more information, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.
29. August 2018 03:28
Cloud-based phone systems are phone services that can be bought online by paying a provider on subscription basis. By opting for a cloud-based phone system, businesses can eliminate the need of maintaining phone system software on a server i.e. a Private Branch Exchange or PBX in their office.
Nowadays, a large number of businesses are adopting cloud-based phone systems due the advantages it has. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Ease Of Use – Cloud-based phone systems allow increased mobility which makes them highly convenient. They are easy to use and can be operated from multiple locations unlike traditional systems. By offering enhanced geographical flexibility they helps businesses in working remotely without any trouble.
- Cost Efficient – Cloud-based phone systems are highly cost efficient which helps in increasing the overall profitability. They help in reduction of regular operational costs. To use a Cloud-based phone system, all you would need is an IP phone device and a reliable internet connection.
- Scalable – The biggest advantage of cloud-based phone system is that it can be easily scaled up as the company grows. Businesses can add as many extensions as they need to accommodate their growing demands. There is also an option to deactivate the extensions if need be. So, businesses need to pay for what they use and as long as they use, which has proved to be highly advantageous for them.
- Improved Security – Such systems are highly secure as cloud providers always adhere to the stringent ISO security standards. There are lesser chances of any data breach in such a case.
- Business Continuity –They allow businesses to stay connected with their customers 24/7. Businesses can maintain a consistent presence even in a disaster like situation. This is because operations can be carried out irrespective of the fact whether employees are able to reach the office or not. Thus, cloud-based phone systems help in running things smoothly.
- Numerous Features – Cloud-based phone systems offer an array of features such as voicemail options, automatic call attendant, advanced email, call forwarding etc. which is why they supersede over traditional phone systems.
For more information about cloud-based phone systems, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.