17. September 2018 06:13
Intelligent Personal Assistant (IPAs) as the name suggests is an automated mobile software agent that performs certain tasks as per an individual’s command. Most of these commands are performed on the basis of user input & location awareness.
IPAs are usually embedded in smart phones and other computing devices. They are highly convenient and accessible, which is why the market for Intelligent Personal Assistants is rapidly expanding. As per Statista, the market revenue projections of this industry are projected to be over 17 billion in 2022.
Let us discuss about some most common IPAs that are quite prevalent in the market these days:
- Siri – Launched by Apple in 2011, Siri helps you manage your tasks smoothly in a hassle free manner. From setting a reminder, searching up certain information, downloading a file to calling a friend or relative, Siri can do it all for you based on the commands you give it.
- Google Now – Google entered this market on its Android 4.1 “Jelly Bean” operating platform. Google now is backed up with the largest search engine of the world and can sneak the information stored on Gmail and google accounts to respond to user queries. It has answers to all your queries about places, routes, weather, flight status etc. The personal assistant allows you to view information that can be translated in over 100 languages. Just say “Ok Google” and your command, your google assistant will perform that task.
- Cortana – It is an intelligent personal assistant developed by Microsoft which was released in early 2014. Named after an AI character in the Halo game series, it was originally created for Windows phone 8.1. Also, it is supported by Microsoft’s Bing search engine. So apart from performing activities like other IPAs, Cortana is designed to personalize user experiences.
- Alexa – Developed by Amazon, Alexa is a virtual assistant that is capable of voice interactions, setting alarms, streaming podcasts, providing real-time information and what not. It can control several smart devices in the home automation space.
Other Commonly Used IPAs
- Braina Virtual Assistant
Benefits Of Using IPAs
- Voice recognized IPAs are extremely useful for elderly or visually impaired people.
- They understand user patterns, habits and choices on the basis of commands and searches made, thereby allowing maximum personalization.
- Have access to large database, thus providing you whatever information you want in a fraction of seconds by scanning information available on search engine databases.
- Have closely connected & integrated humans with technology.
- Enhanced productivity by making processes easier and hassle free.
- Natural data interface allows you to make your queries by typing or speaking naturally. You can literally ‘talk’ to them.
In general most IPAs have the ability to extract information such as weather conditions, traffic congestion, news, retail prices etc. from the web. So the next time you need some information, you know your intelligent personal assistant has your back.
For more information, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.
29. August 2018 03:28
Cloud-based phone systems are phone services that can be bought online by paying a provider on subscription basis. By opting for a cloud-based phone system, businesses can eliminate the need of maintaining phone system software on a server i.e. a Private Branch Exchange or PBX in their office.
Nowadays, a large number of businesses are adopting cloud-based phone systems due the advantages it has. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Ease Of Use – Cloud-based phone systems allow increased mobility which makes them highly convenient. They are easy to use and can be operated from multiple locations unlike traditional systems. By offering enhanced geographical flexibility they helps businesses in working remotely without any trouble.
- Cost Efficient – Cloud-based phone systems are highly cost efficient which helps in increasing the overall profitability. They help in reduction of regular operational costs. To use a Cloud-based phone system, all you would need is an IP phone device and a reliable internet connection.
- Scalable – The biggest advantage of cloud-based phone system is that it can be easily scaled up as the company grows. Businesses can add as many extensions as they need to accommodate their growing demands. There is also an option to deactivate the extensions if need be. So, businesses need to pay for what they use and as long as they use, which has proved to be highly advantageous for them.
- Improved Security – Such systems are highly secure as cloud providers always adhere to the stringent ISO security standards. There are lesser chances of any data breach in such a case.
- Business Continuity –They allow businesses to stay connected with their customers 24/7. Businesses can maintain a consistent presence even in a disaster like situation. This is because operations can be carried out irrespective of the fact whether employees are able to reach the office or not. Thus, cloud-based phone systems help in running things smoothly.
- Numerous Features – Cloud-based phone systems offer an array of features such as voicemail options, automatic call attendant, advanced email, call forwarding etc. which is why they supersede over traditional phone systems.
For more information about cloud-based phone systems, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 - 9654.