17. March 2015 03:59
With more than half of the users accessing the World Wide Web through their smartphone, creating a mobile friendly website has become even more important. Even if you have a well-designed and attractive desktop website, users might be disinterested if it is not responsive to mobile devices. You may lose out on a significant number of your potential customers if you do not have a website specifically optimized for small screen devices.
Listed below are some useful tips on optimizing your website for mobile devices:
- Opt For Simple Design: Your website design should be as simple as possible so that the users can easily find what they are looking for. For instance, most mobile users will probably access your website to quickly search for your address or contact details. Make sure that all such important information and call-to-action buttons are overtly visible.
- Cut Down On Image Use: There can be nothing more devastating for a mobile website than the use of large and high definition images. In order to create a fast loading website, restrict the use of images as far as possible, particularly from the homepage. If absolutely necessary, prefer inserting smaller images.
- Simplify Navigation: Visitors should not face any difficulty while navigating through your website. Make sure you provide clear categories and sub-categories for all the products or services you offer. Scrolling of menu should be vertical instead of horizontal to facilitate user accessibility. Also, provide a link for ‘back to top’ and ‘home page’ as well as a search box on every web page.
- Use Targeted Content: The biggest element of optimizing a website for mobile devices is to use highly targeted and brief content. It should be focused around your key products and services. Try to prioritize information in order to achieve a better conversion rate.
- Eliminate Pop-Up Windows: Mobile users find it quite annoying when they have to deal with pop-up windows. Although they are convenient for a desktop website, switching between multiple tabs is not conducive on a mobile device. If it is necessary to use pop-ups, provide an alert to the users that they are being redirected and how they can get back to the original page.
For more tips on how to optimize your website for mobile devices, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 – 9654.
Hacking has always been a matter of concern for the internet users. Cybercriminals are constantly trying to breach confidential data, passwords and other information. Considering the prevalence of security attacks, it is not irrational to assume that almost 9 out of 10 people will be a victim of identity theft once in their lifetime. If you are a business owner, you might want to make sure that all the information related to your employees and clients is totally secure.
Here are some of the cyber security tips to safeguard your information:
- Create Strong Passwords: Most of the hacking attacks are carried out with stolen passwords. Thus, it is important to create a password that consists of uppercase, lowercase letters, numbers as well as special characters. Passwords with a combination of all these elements are usually hard to crack. You should also change your passwords at frequent intervals.
- Avoid Using Personal Information In Passwords: Although passwords containing personal information like name and date of birth are easy to remember, it makes them much easier to hack. This information is widely available on Google and social media platforms that can be easily found by the hackers.
- Turn Off GPS And Wi-Fi Services: Keep your smartphones and laptops secure by turning off Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS when you do not need them. This way, no one will be able to detect your location.
- Delete Unused Apps: If you have a lot of apps on your smartphones/ tabs that you do not use often, make sure you delete them. You must also replace the apps that require access to most of your personal details such as contacts, SMS logs, emails, location etc.
- Keep Your Browser Clean: Prevent yourself from getting spied by frequently clearing browser history, cache, cookies and saved passwords. It saves your personal information from being insecure on your computer, laptop or smartphone.
- Turn Off Geotagging: Some social networking websites display your location along with your photos or posts. You must turn off geotagging to avoid giving out information about the place from where you have taken the pictures.
- Shop Only With Credible Websites: If you are shopping online, make sure the website belongs to a reliable company. All your transactions should be protected by an ‘HTTPS’ browser session. This will make sure that your name, address, passwords, credit card details are going over the internet in an encrypted form.
For more tips on safeguarding your information and other cyber security issues, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 – 9654.
SEO has undergone dramatic changes in the past few years, and the recent Panda and Penguin updates in 2014 have called for many changes in SEO techniques. In 2015, many website owners are contemplating about the strategies to achieve a higher ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs).
Given here are some important tips and tricks that can help you run a successful SEO campaign this year:
- Focus On Mobile SEO: In 2015, traffic from smartphones is expected to overtake the web traffic from desktop and laptops. This means that your SEO campaign should focus more on attaining a higher ranking in the mobile searches. You should also optimize your website to be easily viewed on mobile devices.
- Content Marketing: Content is still expected to remain the king of a high ranked website. Google always appreciates those websites that write useful and informative content rather than just keeping it stuffed with keywords. Quality is an important factor in content instead of how much or how frequently it is posted.
- Less Emphasis On Keywords: Experts believe that SEO will focus more on increasing brand awareness in contrast to the previous trend of targeting a high ranking in Google. Click-through-rates (CTR) and calls-to-action (CTA) will be a major determinant of organic search traffic to a website.
- Relevant Title Tags: These have always been an important determinant in a website’s ranking and will continue to be the same. A good title tag should be descriptive yet relevant, including all your main keywords. There is no ideal length of a title tag but it should consist of 60 to 70 characters.
- Social Media: Even though this is not a new trend, social media will continue to remain a vital part of an SEO campaign. Search engines give much importance to social network signals to rank your website. It will play a major role in promoting your business among the target audience.
- Local SEO: Google has recently updated its algorithms to provide location specific search results to the users. Local citations and directory submissions will gain importance in SEO strategies. Additionally, companies will also look to optimize their web pages by including addresses, contact numbers and locations consistent with the local listings.
Centex Technologies provides result oriented SEO solutions to the businesses in Dallas, TX. Our professional team uses the most innovative techniques to deliver consistent results in the form of increased website traffic. For more information, call us at (972) 375 – 9654.
If you have an ecommerce website, you might be aware of the importance of a secure payment gateway. As a business owner, it is important that you keep the users’ information confidential and secure from getting misused in any form. Such data may include usernames, passwords, credit or debit card details, PIN numbers etc. It is important that you follow strict measures to ensure the security of all the transactions that take place through your website’s payment gateway.
Here are some of the tips that you must follow to ensure payment gateway security:
- PCI DSS: The Payment Card Industry (PCI) has put forward certain security standards for all the businesses that accept online payments. These are a set of 12 requirements that ensure all corporations that store, process or transmit credit or debit card data maintain a safe and secure environment.
- Storing Card Details: In order to keep your customers’ data protected, it should be encrypted in an asymmetric format, which makes it nearly impossible for the hackers to decode it. Also, the software should be programmed to ask for a strong password, consisting of alphabets, numbers and symbols, for the transaction to be processed. You must also verify the IP address of the user before validating any transaction through your payment gateway. This may seem a bit complicated initially, but it is very important to keep the process fast and secure.
- Physical Security: The network or system that stores all the credit or debit card data of the customers should have restricted access. Only the concerned employees should be able to view the information. You can also issue smart cards or use biometric authorization before letting anyone enter the room that has the equipment storing such details.
- Threat Detection: Make sure you have executed credible software to monitor all the traffic that your network receives. This will help you detect and avert any potential malicious users visiting your website. As soon as any such movement is detected, you must take immediate action to verify that your customers’ data is secure.
The customers should also be very cautious while making any online transaction. Make sure that the payment is redirected through a verified payment getaway with an ‘HTTPS’ protocol. Also, you should avoid making purchases through public computers.
For more information about payment gateway security, you can contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 – 9654.
When designing the user interface for a mobile app, it is important that you consider a number of important aspects such as the clarity of UI, stability in viewing one screen to the next etc. However, there are many other concerns that are often overlooked but can seriously impact the performance of your app.
Given below are some of the tips that can help you design a user friendly interface for your mobile app:
- Targeted Users: Different users tend to have distinct levels of expertise. For instance, expert users might have memorized the contents of the app and are likely to navigate quickly. On the other hand, novice users may navigate cautiously and are prone to making errors or accidentally tapping the wrong buttons. The user interface of your app should be effectual enough to accommodate the needs of both types of users.
- Ideal Button Size: In most apps, the button sizes are usually kept according to the size of a finger. Thus, they are not large enough to be touched by the thumb, which is preferred by many users. While designing the UI, it must be made sure that the buttons are of sufficient sizes and have enough gaps between them to be touched without any error.
- Use Popular Icons: There are a number of standard icons such as a cross sign (X) to close an application or two parallel lines (II) to pause a media file. Implementing such common icons in your app’s UI will make it easier to operate. However, if you want to design new symbols, you must explain its function alongside the icon.
- UI Location: Usually, the elements of an app’s user interface are either placed at the bottom or the top. Considering how most users hold their phones, it is ideal to keep the app buttons at the bottom of the screen. The more important and frequently used buttons should be placed at the bottom right corner for easy accessibility.
- Keep It Simple: The more complex an app is, more difficult it will be for the users to navigate. Do not overload the app with so many features that it becomes confusing. Instead, you can consider breaking it into a set of interrelated apps, each focusing on a specific set of features.
For more information about designing user interface for mobile apps in Dallas, TX, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375 – 9654.
The concept of Parallax has emerged as one of the most popular web design trends, allowing the users to experience an all new interactive height of online viewing. Web developers and designers are constantly looking for techniques to keep the users hooked to their websites through increased functionality and appealing visuals. Keeping in line with this, parallax design has held its position as the leading edge in virtual experience.
What is Parallax Design?
The term ‘Parallax’ originated from the visual effects used in the 2D video games that incorporated different speeds for the movement of background images. This helped to create an illusion of depth while playing the game. It was usually done by making the background of the game move a bit slower than the front in order to make it appear farther away. The same concept is used for parallax web designing in which the background scrolls down at a different speed than the rest of the page.
A parallax design can help a website to:
- Amaze visitors with the animation and page depth
- Make page visits last longer by inspiring users to scroll down till the end of the page
- Incorporate a story telling style to guide visitors from first to last page of the website
- Direct visitors for call-to-action
- Provoke user’s curiosity
- Boost website’s credibility and interactive viewing experience
Important Considerations While Creating Parallax Design Website
- Load Time: Internet users generally have a short span of attention. If your website takes too much time to load, the visitors will eventually lose interest, no matter how creatively it has been designed. If you are considering a parallax design, you might need to compromise a bit on the load time of your website.
- Usability: You must also consider the usability of parallax design for your website. For instance, it works well with websites that are just a platform to introduce the company or how the users can contact them. However, websites that intend to provide any information or sell something will repel their visitors with a parallax design. Also, if you expect visitors to visit your website again, repeatedly viewing the animations can eventually annoy them.
- SEO: As parallax design is not much responsive to be viewed on mobile devices, it is possible that such website might lose its search engine ranking. However, parallax designs, if wisely used, can yield high traffic and can also achieve good results in terms of SEO.
For more information, you can contact Centex Technologies at (855) 375-9654.
In the last few years, internet has become one of the most important ways in which businesses are found by the potential customers. Basic advertizing techniques are no longer sufficient to draw the attention of consumers. Therefore, content marketing has become essential for a successful SEO campaign. It involves creating and sharing informative, valuable, and relevant content in order to attract and drive the target users to your website.
Here are some important tips for effective content marketing:
- Determine and follow your forte: For a successful content marketing strategy, you must provide informative and useful content that is specific to the section of people you want to target. Once the target audience visits your website, you must continue sharing content to make sure that they come back.
- Beware of focusing on yourself: Referring yourself repetitively in the content will not stimulate a reader’s interest. In today’s advertizing scenario, just broadcasting a message is not enough to draw visitors. Instead, you should try to connect with the users through your articles and creative use of words.
- Share what works: People do not have the time to read extensive articles in their busy lives. Hence, make sure you share short but useful articles that are able to keep the readers involved. You can also post relevant content in some other formats such as photos, videos, graphics etc.
- Be consistent in posting content: Providing useful content to your visitors once in six months or a year is not going to work. You need to make regular posts for the visitors to come again to your website. Whether they are articles, social media updates, videos or graphics, you must always have something at hand to publish.
- Re-use existing content: When content is used for marketing purposes, it is important to remember that the content must endure. Many new visitors will see the blogs and your existing customers will share your posts within their networks. Thus, you can always reframe your content to work for you in a different way altogether.
- Measure the results: There are many online tools available to measure the results of your content marketing program. If you are sharing links on social media, track if the posts are being read, commented or shared. If any platform or content is not giving desired results, focus on another one that benefits you.
Remember that content marketing isn’t an overnight strategy to convert leads into sales.
For more information about the benefits of content marketing for your online business in Dallas, TX, contact Centex Technologies at (972) 375-9654.
Ecommerce has become increasingly popular in the present times and there are a number of websites offering customers the ease of buying various products from the comfort of their home. However, with such a huge competition in the industry, it is very important to have a website that is easy to navigate and attracts prospective buyers.
Here are some of the important tips that can help you design a user friendly ecommerce website:
- Neat and organized layout: This is the most important pre-requisite of any website. Users visiting a website should find it easy to navigate through different pages. You must also make sure that you choose a responsive website design that is adaptable to devices of different screen sizes.
- Organized content: Users should be able to easily search for the product they are looking for. Make sure you differentiate the products with categories and sub categories. The drop down menu should clearly indicate the different categories of a specific product. Link to important pages such as home page or check-out should also be easily accessible by the users.
- Home page content: Home page is the perfect place to give a complete overview of all your website products, discounts, offers, free shipping services etc. Make sure you utilize this space to the maximum.
- Product description: Users are generally cautious about purchasing online products due to the inability to touch it. You can compensate for it by providing high quality pictures with HD resolution and detailed description about the product.
- Add reviews columns: Apart from the image and description, people also prefer to read the reviews before buying a particular product.
- Colors and fonts should be appealing: Simplicity is the key to a user friendly website. Use cool colors that are easy on the eyes and fonts that are easily readable by the users.
- Easy payment gateway: You should try to make payment process as convenient as possible for your customers. There should not be too many clicks required between browsing the product and buying it.
- Reduce loading time: Make sure your website takes less time to load which should not be more than 5 seconds. Waiting for any page to load can lead to a user leaving your website and visiting the one of your competitors.
Keeping these small website design tips in mind will make sure that users will definitely like the shopping experience through your ecommerce website.
Call us at (855) 375-9654 for complete Ecommerce Web Development and Internet Marketing services.
With more and more people browsing internet on their tablets and smartphones, it has become extremely important to design a website that works efficiently across multiple platforms. Few years ago, it was considered necessary to create a separate mobile based version of the website. However, the whole process was much time consuming and costly. The recent concept of Responsive Website Design (RWD) has come up as an easy solution to this problem.
A responsive website has the ability to adjust according to the screen size of the device on which it is being browsed. Such website is easy to maintain and also eliminates the need to formulate two different SEO plans for either one. Although one of the major advantages of a responsive design is auto adjustment of various website elements on different devices, responsive website designs can also be of great help in getting your website to rank higher among the search engine results.
Here are some of the SEO benefits of a responsive website design:
- One URL for one website: Having separate desktops and mobile versions of a website would essentially mean two different URLs to maintain. This caused a difficulty for the mobile versions to rank higher in SERPs. A responsive website, on the other hand, allows you to concentrate all your SEO efforts and link building towards a single URL. Additionally, you can use social shares for just one URL.
- Enhanced user experience: A responsive website design will make it easier for the users to find, read and share content. If the visitors are browsing your website on a mobile, they should easily navigate through your website content just as a desktop user. Also, whenever a user visits your website through a social media link - whether on a laptop, tablet or mobile- the content will be easy to read and navigate.
- Google rewards responsive websites: The search engine giant also gives preference to responsive websites when mobile users search for local businesses.Responsive design websites have the same URL and HTML as their desktop counterparts, making it easier for Google to search and index content.
- Reduces high bounce rate: A high bounce rate occurs when your website does not provide quality content, thus, lowering your ranking in SERPs. If the visitors are quickly leaving your website without navigating to any other page, it is an indicator that they are not getting relevant information. A responsive website design makes it easy for the users to search content by providing the same content as the desktop site, but in a well-designed manner.
We, at Centex Technologies, provide complete website designing services in Dallas, TX. For more information, feel free to call us at (972) 375 – 9654.
30. October 2014 06:40
Having an active online presence is one of the most important factors behind the success of every business, particularly for the competitive business establishments such as restaurants and cafeterias. People constantly search the internet to look up for cafeterias near them and being on top of search engine listings can ensure more business. Usually people search for terms like “Café in Dallas” or “Cafeteria in Dallas” on search engines and local SEO can ensure that your business listing lists on top of search engine for such terms. A higher ranking in the SERPs gives you a significant edge over your competitors.
Here are some of the benefits that you can expect by using SEO services for your cafeteria website:
- It is an established fact that businesses that have a high ranking website have a larger customer base. An effective SEO campaign will help you generate more traffic to your website and essentially lead to more customers for your cafeteria.
- SEO will help you build a name for your brand among the targeted audience. Users have an in-built trust for high ranking websites in the SERPs. Using SEO inadvertently increases your brand’s credibility among the customers.
- Another important reason to get your website optimized is that it is an economical mean of advertizing. Local SEO helps save time and money spent on extensive marketing campaigns.
- As a part of an effective SEO campaign your website will be constantly updated with blogs and informative articles that people are searching for on Google.
- As a part of SEO strategy, the most relevant keywords for your business are used in content on your website to ensure maximum traffic. Thus, if a person will search Google with a keyword that is related to your services, your cafeteria’s website will show up in the top results of the SERP.
- SEO experts will also make sure that your website is listed among the local online directories like Yellow Pages, City Search etc. This will also be helpful in increasing the reliability of your cafeteria among your local customers.
We, at Centex Technologies, provide competent SEO services for cafeterias in Dallas, TX. We are a white hat SEO firm that uses the most effective techniques to make sure that your business gets the most out of our campaign. For more information about how our SEO services can benefit your cafeteria, feel free to call us at (972) 375 – 9654.