12. June 2012 14:00
Internet based businesses have completely revolutionized the very definition of the word “marketing”, changing it from a face-to-face attempt at selling, to a silent endeavor, where words and images do all the talking. Successful internet marketing needs a responsive and dynamic attitude, where you need to understand that what works today might not work tomorrow, and so the learning process must continue every day.
We’ve put together the top internet marketing strategies that are sure to give a head-start to your online business-
- Use effective SEO (Search Engine Optimization) techniques to rank high on top search engines like Google. Considering that most people use the internet to look for websites that offer what they are looking for, this should be a key part of your internet marketing strategy. You might consider hiring an SEO expert to do this part of the job for you.
- Work on your social media reputation. Build active profiles on websites like Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and Pinterest, and make an effort to engage customers through them. Just creating a profile is not enough. These profiles are like your voice to connect to your current and prospective customers on a daily basis, so make the most of them. Contests, giveaways, and polls are a few of the many ideas that you can explore.
- Use content in every possible way, right from blogging, to creating user-generated content via forums, and submitting online press releases. Blogging is a great way to build your reputation as a hub of authentic information, and if done correctly, can engage users on your website.
- Use e-mail in the best possible manner. Be sure not to irritate subscribers off by spamming their inbox. Send short, yet meaningful emails with catchy subject lines on a regular basis. Try to keep the tone of the emails personal whenever possible.
- Offer an irresistible freebie to customers who land on your page, and try to keep it tangible, so that you can get a list of mailing addresses, instead of just email IDs. For instance, a free book is likely to grasp more attention than a free e-book.
- Start a video marketing campaign if you already don’t have one. A video is more efficient than the written word or even images can ever be. So use the advanced technologies to actually communicate with everyone who lands on your website.
- Use affiliate, reseller, and associate programs to spread the word about your services and build your network of customers. Not only is this a great marketing strategy, but it also helps to sell your products, and best of all, it’s super-easy to set up!
We at Centex Technologies provide solutions for Internet Marketing to Dallas, Killeen, Austin and other Central Texas based businesses. For more information on our Internet Marketing services, feel free to call us at Killeen (254-213-4740) or Dallas (972-375-9654) office.